Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhazinw Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 12:27 AM
    How can I build up my self-confidence?
    Because whenever I am at the hall to speak an extempore... I just can't stand properly due to trepidation... and morever even if I know the particular topic.. just can't speak it out... and the suitution becomes worst.. that I dun want...
    Any help?. neverthelss, I want to gain my self- confidence not only durin the hall, school but every where?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 12:58 AM
    Hi, lhazinw!

What grade level are you in school and do you get the feelings that you have that you don't like anytime that you have to speak in front of people, please?

Thanks!
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Aug 13, 2010, 01:04 AM

Practice. That's all. Just keep putting yourself into position that make you a little bit uncomfortable and you will eventually become more comfortable with being social. That's really it. As far as self confidence goes, you need to accept the fact that you're an amazing person. I know that even though I've never met you, everyone on the planet has something about them that makes them amazing. Believe it or not people will see you as an awesome person when you see yourself as a person who has something good about themselves. Just don't worry about other people. Look into the mirror and see that you're worth people's attention.
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Aug 13, 2010, 01:07 AM

Oh and if you have an iPod, while you walk through the halls listen to music that makes you feel like a badass. Listen to music that makes you feel like the coolest person on the planet. Listen to music that makes for feel really good. Then even though people around you can't hear the music they will see you walking tall and looking good because you feel good. Music is a powerful tool for building up confidence
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2010, 02:37 AM

Have you looked into 'toast masters' in your area?

In toast masters you write your own speech under a specific topic and give it in front of the group...

Sounds scary,but toast masters is brillent for giving feedback.

I'm a member of toast masters in my area and they are lovely and welcoming,as have other venues we have visited.

Practice in front of a mirror,note your body position,and the tone of your voice.

visualise yourself talking in public and having confidence,see the whole thing in your head as a film,all positive!

Create in your sub conscience the confidence for puplic speaking and general confidence.

http://www.toastmasters.org/tips.asp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating help, advice, confidence build up? [ 4 Answers ]

I have trouble asking girls for there number and asking them out and I have read up on a lot of things and I was thinking maybe it has something to do about my mother issues or confidence? But how would I resolve this problem.

Helping my daughter build confidence [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all, I looking for some pointers from other parents who have children that lack confidence. My daughter is going on 9 years old and still hides from people rather than talk to them or acts like she doesn't see them. On the occasions I have caught her doing it, I've asked her and she...

How to build confidence [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I have a problem with my confidence and I was wondering what you can do to build confidence. It's specifically when I talk to other people, I have no confidence when talking to someone and having a conversation with them. Also how can I give off a good vibe to people through...

View more questions Search