Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diasmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 11:11 AM
    Can I get licensed as an insurance agent in TX with a DWI (misdemeanor)?
    Got a DWI in TX 2 years ago and now want to apply to become and insurance agent. I am not sure if I am bondable, and if I should waste my money applying.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2010, 02:05 PM

Hello d:

That is the kind of license that's granted on a case by case basis. There's no way to tell if they'll give you one BEFORE you apply. Get your ducks in a row, and apply...

I don't mean just applying and hoping. I mean applying and preparing a case that they'll be hard pressed to turn down. That may involve hiring a lawyer. It really depends on your particular insurance commissioner.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to be licensed in the state of Florida to be a booking agent? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Florida and need to know if I need to be licensed to continue on my own as a booking agent. I worked as a booking agent for 4 yrs under a model/talent agency that closed. I want to continue but just as a booking agent alone.

Misdemeanor DWI in Texas in credit report [ 45 Answers ]

My son received a misdemeanor DWI in Denton County, TX when he was a freshman in college, age 19. He is now 27 and has not been able to find employment since that day because employers do credit checks which have this on record. I've been helping him scrape by all these years. Now employers...

View more questions Search