Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liza1026 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 05:49 PM
    Tight butt!
    I want a nice firm sexy butt, mine's getting a little flat because I've been losing weight. Any ideas how I can be a little more rounded/tight? My butt has always been my best feature and now I fear that I'm losing it! I'd try squats and stuff but I like how thin my thighs are getting, I don't want them to bulk up and add too much muscle mass to them... I just want to be thin with a "tight butt" haha
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Dec 22, 2006, 12:25 AM
    You don't describe the degree of flabbiness. Slight flabbiness can be remedied by having muscle fill in where the fat was. But extreme obesity leaves the formerly stretched skin hanging far too loose and exercise won't work for that particular condition. So it all depends on the amount and severity of flabby skin. In the latter scenario your best bet would be cosmetic surgery via cutting away of excess tissue and liposuction.
    padowbear Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 02:15 AM
    If u want a nice butt there are a few moves u can do... lay on your back, with your knees arched toward the ceiling with your feet planted firmly on the floor... from the side your feet should look like a triangle.. crap its hard to explain, k look at the drawing o---^- and then u lift your butt up towards the ceiling using your legs.. do that as high as u can then lift it back down... just do as many as u can... another move u can do is if u lay on your stomach with your arms in front of your head stretched out and your feet stretched out behind u... then u take your heels/ankles and u start tapping them... these work good, they will help to lift your butt and also make it really firm... hey do u have any idea how to lose weight in your inner thighs and the front of your thighs??
    sketcher Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 02:28 AM
    Try resting your stomach on a yoga ball with your hands placed on the floor... gently raise one leg in the air at a time. Squats and a lateral thigh machine are great, too! If you have stairs, make use of them.
    midcoastgymnast Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 07:00 AM
    I totally understand your concerns with having bulky legs because honestly, who wants those? But as long as you keep your weight down, having some leg muscle can really help you burn more calories by just sitting there, since they are such a large group of muscles. My suggestion is to do lunges with small hand weights and to do a sitting back stationary bike. It's the best to work both at the same time
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 10, 2007, 03:12 PM
    The fact that you're losing "weight" but getting "looser" should SCREAM a giant clue directly into your eardrums... losing "weight" does not make you healthier, nor is a good result to shoot for in and of itself.

You're losing muscle mass, but likely increasing your fat stores. Even if you're not increasing your fat stores, I'd still bet money that you're slowing down your metabolic rate. Then, in the future, you're going to have an even harder time keeping the fat off, keeping the muscle on, and it'll be extremely difficult to get your youthly butt-shape back.

But if you want exercises to work the butt, search for "glute exercises" in Google and pick something from a reputable source.

Aside from that, if you have normal testosterone and estrogen levels for the average adult female, and unless your legs are predisposed to becoming bulky, I seriously doubt that you'll need to worry about bulking up your legs to any significant degree, even if you do target them for weight training.

p.s. I don't think that "looser" is a word :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light area around the top of my butt [ 7 Answers ]

No matter how much I go tanning this circle around the top of my butt crack never tans. What the hell is up with this? Thanks. Good day!

Tone up my butt, legs and stomach [ 3 Answers ]

I really want to tone up my butt, legs and stomach. I don't eat breakfast or lunch because I'm not hungry, but I still can't seem to lose any weight. I also do crunches every night. What should I do to get in shape?

Workin' my butt off... yet it's still there! [ 5 Answers ]

Here's a bit of background... I am 36 years old, have two children, 6 and 3. I had my thyroid checked about 2 years ago and unfortunately (or fortunatley, I guess) I can't blame my weight on that as I did not have any thyroid issues at the time. My mother does have an underactive thyroid, by the...

Ventilation in tight construction [ 2 Answers ]

I am constructing a 2500sf two story single family home on the coast in northern California where the temp remains fairly steady and cool (rarely much above 75 degrees and rarely if ever freezes)and have concerns about air quality and air depressurization and would appreciate some advice. I am...

Air-Tight? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is the lightest air-tight material or combination of materials?

View more questions Search