Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davisa028 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 05:46 PM
    Rent Payment Late Fee
    Does anyone know where I can find out if Pennsylvania has defined how much of a late fee can be charged per month for someone who has not paid the rent on time? My lot rent is 234/month and the late fee is $5/day, which adds up to 150/month, more than 1/2 of my rent. The fair housing authority says that this is considered excessive but I need to find out where I can find this in Pennsylvania statute Pa. Stat. Ann. Tit. 68, §§ 250.101-.510-B so that I can show this to the office manager and possibly negotiate the late fee due on my rent. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2006, 07:26 PM
    PA has specific laws that deal with mobile home parks, since this is a mobile home lot rent, I don't think the normal rules on rental of apartments apply here.

I believe that PA 68, 398 . 1 - 16 laws would apply here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

Last month's rent payment [ 4 Answers ]

I recently gave 60 days notice on my lease. I am now at my last month's payment due. I did however have to prepay first and last months rent at the beginning of the lease. My landlord is saying I have to pay the rent at the beginning of the month and he will refund it at the end of the month. I...

Rent payment when lease goes into different month? [ 8 Answers ]

My lease is up December 10. However we pay rent on the third. If I'm planning on moving by the date my lease is up do I still have to pay rent for December? I don't believe I should have to.

Partial Rent Payments and Late Fees [ 3 Answers ]

I live in VA and my landlord accepts what I would call "partial" payments on monthly rent. I write a rent check and my roommate writes a check for each part. Our lease is a "simple terms" lease and states the following under the Late Fees: "If you fail to pay the rent in full before the end of...

Unwarranted Late Fee [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Falls Church, Virginia (Fairfax County). Rent is due on the first, but we have until the 5th to pay. I dropped off the checks in the Rent Drop Box at the rental office the morning of the 5th. (a Sunday but the office is open) On Monday when I return home from work there is a late...

View more questions Search