Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aesops97 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 10:17 AM
    Unknown Spider
    A spider built his nest on my deck. A strange spider, he is. Anyone know his name? The smaller pix on the right is his back.
    Attached Images

smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2010, 10:49 AM

That IS a strange looking spider all right. Where are you located... as in Country, state etc... it can help with identifcation.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Looks like a spined micrathena spider. There's about 100 species of micrathena. Check out this web page Spiderzrule
    Aesops97 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    That IS a strange looking spider all right. Where are you located....as in Country, state etc...it can help with identifcation.
    Elizabethton, TN at the foot of Holston Mtn near Hwy 91N

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Unknown Small Black Spider [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All! I have a very small 1/4 inch (minus legs) black spider. I have seen these before in my garage, and the one in the pict is in my kitchen sink. Without the flash from my camera the legs are black. Also, I live in central Oklahoma. I think it is too dark to be a wolf spider, ...

10 legged black spider not a camel spider [ 5 Answers ]

I came across this thing on my side walk it moves slowly is about an inch in length I've never seen a 10 legged spider so I took pictures and tried looking it up with no luck, it is not a camel spider I know that for sure. Also you can see from the pictures I'm not mistaking the 2 extra legs for...

What Spider was that? [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this unusual spider in the bathroom this morning but I can't find a picture of it anywhere on the internet It was very dark brown almost black, with a front leg and small stripe at the front which was light brown/copper coloured. It was about 1-2cm big. I couldn't see it that clearly as I...

View more questions Search