Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shreyass1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 05:29 AM
    Dell GX270 optiplex Desktop sound problem
    I have installed OS Vista for GX270. Now sound driver not supports to this OS. Is there any sound driver available to upgrade? Please help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2010, 06:35 AM

Not that I am aware of. I have done the same thing with that same machine setting it up to be a dedicated DVR. You will find Windows 7 Support is no better either for it. What you find on Dells website for drivers is all you will find. You have an option of using a USB sound device that simply plugs into a USB port... does have Vista support and some can be had for less than $20. There are various brands and vendors to choose from based on what you want.

I have since gone back to Windows XP on that machine due to instability I had with Vista on it, and I had even worse problems with Windows 7 on that hardware. And I do like Windows 7 on my main computer (different compatible hardware in that case).
    morchid79 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2010, 05:42 PM
    Every version of windows has backward compatibility. Download the driver, right click> properties> compatibility> than pick xp service pack 2. worked for me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No audio from Dell Optiplex GX270 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a computer which was functioning correctly until last week. The audio on the computer just went. I have checked to see if the speakers are connected, drivers are installed and I even installed my OS again. Here is informaton to anyone willing to help: Computer name and model:...

Sound driver for dell gx270 [ 2 Answers ]

I ve gx270 dell,because of some reasons I ve to format the system, and now there is no sound driver.I ve installed right sound driveR required, I ve updated bios and installed chipset driver . But still doesn't seems to be working, hepl

Download complete drivers sound vga ethernet adaptor for dell gx270 [ 3 Answers ]

I need vga sound & ethernet driver ffffor my PC dell gx270

Dell optiplex gx60 [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a dell optiplex gx60. Do you think it is worth upgrading the ram to 2 gs? I want to use it for web browsing and word processing. Thanks Ky Buck

About Dell Optiplex [ 4 Answers ]

HI I'm a new member here hope I learned more about PC here. I have a problem about my PC Dell Optiplex GX 110 its old obvious. I bought a Video Card Nvidia Gforce2 and its an Agp slot. My Computer does not have a Agp Slot it's a PCI slot how can I use my Video card if its PCI. >Moved from Intros<

View more questions Search