Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancyg2763 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 03:55 PM
    Lawn Chief Riding Mowers
    Where can I purchase a spark plug for our riding mower? My husband misplaced the spark plug that was in the mower.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Dec 20, 2006, 05:39 PM
    Almost any auto parts store will carry plugs for your mower. You will need the engine Make HP and model#
    If you forward the info I will get you the plug number.
    Regards,
    Don
    Frank Lensbower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 05:43 PM
    14 hp Briggs and Stratton engine will not turn over fast enough to start I took of head over head valves the exhaust valvee was stuck shut. I un stuck valve replaced push rod aand broken rocker arm I am supicious compression release is not working .Please advise Thank You , Frank

Dec 23, 2006, 05:59 PM
    I had a similar problem with a 14.5 HP OHV the other day. If the valve is stuck in the closed position it means the cam is not moving it. Does the valve now move and do youhave good travel? Briggs and stratton recognizes a soft cam problem and offered to warrant the other engine.

If you have no travel in that valve instant message me with your phone# and I will give you instructions.
    Regards,
    Don

Dec 23, 2006, 06:57 PM
    Frank,
    I just noticed you stated rocker was broke. That would explain non movement of exhaust valve.
    Re-set valve clearance .03 on intake and .05-.06 on exhaust this should do it.

It is not unheard of to loose a compression release but unlikely.
    Regards,
    Don
    If you would like to discuss in detail follow my earlier instructions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn Chief riding mower [ 6 Answers ]

Two wires got disconnected from our riding lawnmower. I need to know where the 2 red wires are supposed to go. The longer red wire is hooked to the key or kill switch and the shorter red wire is hooked to the solenoid. I think the shorter wire is for ground. The mfg. # is 0048 and the model # is...

Lawn chief 12/39 [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a lawn chief 12/39 used.The problem I am having is it starts very hard and I usually have to jump start it.When I do get it started.I can drive around all day without problems and it can also sit idle with the mower running but when both are engaged it stalls.It has a 12hp briggs engine in...

Small Riding Mowers Comparison [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1/4 acre lot in Fl and because I'm disabled I need a small riding mower, preferably with a Kohler engine(had a lot of bad luck with B&S) What do you recommend?

Lawn Chief 11hp B & S [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I got a Lawn Chief Brigg and stration 11hp And the lights don't have any wire connecting to them so they don't work. Any idea where the wires come from so they will work? Thanks for your help.

Lawn Chief not running [ 5 Answers ]

:( I found out the mower is a Lawn Chief. But it will not run for very long. The carburator has new parts, the transmission is fine, but when it is started it will quit as soon as it is put in the run or idle position. Think it may be the motor, but any ideas on what part?

View more questions Search