Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suesaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 05:24 PM
    My bro-in-law owned 40 ac. Of land we have lived on the land for 5 yrs, can the heirs
    -my brother-in-law ask my husband and I to move onto his land with him. He has died and left no will. The land goes to his kids. The question is can they make us move off the land even though we were to live there as long as we wanted to.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 12:24 AM

Yes. They can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving a house to land that is owned by someone else [ 1 Answers ]

If I move my house to the someone else's property and after the move the house is damaged by construction blasting in the area, who has rights to sue construction company, house owner or property owner?

Can a land owner, who has his land verbally given to heirs, change his will after h? [ 5 Answers ]

Can a land owner, who has given his land verbally to his children, change his will about the property if he has been in a mental for depression. He has not been legally declared legally incompetent as of yet.

Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband [ 2 Answers ]

Land is owned by inlaw, House is owned by my husband whom I'm separated from. Landowner is harassing me and threatening eviction. (Landowner is walking around my yard, blocking my driveway, that has a right of way. Also threatening eviction based on my comings and goings and who I have over at my...

Land with Multiple heirs [ 2 Answers ]

I live in VA. I own 4/5 of some property. The other fifth is owned by 5 siblings. Can I sell the land and have their 1/5 distributed to them. Or due I need them to sign the Real Estate agreement to sell.

View more questions Search