Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattjones052185 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 12:57 PM
    Need to know proper compression for Craftsman leaf blower mod # 316794970
    Blower has never started since it was given to the owner, and I'm trying to pick up some mechanical experience, so he gave it to me. 32cc 2-cycle, I've got spark, replaced the reed (support arm mysteriously chewed up when I opened it), cleaned the carb and spark arrestor screen, getting fuel to the plug and re-gapped it to a little under 0.025but won't start even with starter fluid. Compression tests consistently at 55-60 lbs. Should I be looking for about 100lbs?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 12, 2010, 10:27 AM

Hi,
    Yes, you do sound as if you have insufficient compression. One of the ways a test the health of one of these engines is to grip the starter and see if the machine will extend the rope by its own weight. A bad sign!
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

205 craftsman gas leaf blower [ 2 Answers ]

What is the oil to gas mixture ratio for the 205 craftsman gas leaf blower? We have lost the owners manual.

Craftsman leaf blower will not start. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a craftsman 200mph blower,ran out of gas filled back up and WILL NOT start back.had one sears gave me another one(under warranty)now this one is doing the same thing,now sears wants arm and leg to repair.do I need to shoot this piece of junk or is something wrong with these blowers

Craftsman 205 mph 32cc leaf blower [ 1 Answers ]

What is the number of the spark plug used in this model?

Craftsman leaf blower fuel starvation [ 3 Answers ]

Craftsman leaf blower Model# 358.797770 Serial# 97230N200584 Disp. 32cc The blower will start as normal with the choke on and will come up to speed as the choke is slowly opened. It then runs approx. 5 sec. and will die. The run time can be extended slightly if the choke is closed or the...

Craftsman leaf blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old craftsman leaf blower and it gets hot fast what could cause this.

View more questions Search