Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie-in-flatrock Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 09:38 AM
    How can I release a main spring on a wristwatch?
    I have several vintage wristwatches that belonged to my father. Most have been over-wound and are in need of deep cleaning. Is there a way I can try to repair them and clean them myself? I'd love to be able to use them!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 12:48 PM

Ultrasonic bath is the only way to clean them. Not sure what solvent to use without some research.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genuine breitling wristwatch [ 8 Answers ]

How would I go about selling my breitling watch? Can't go to a pawn shop and have no idea how to go aout selling it. Any help?? Thanks in advance marc

Fuel door release spring on a Mitsubishi Lancer [ 5 Answers ]

After removing the gas cap a spring loaded clip fell from the hinge of the fuel cover. I have the clip but can't figure out where it goes and how it attaches. I am looking for a detailed picture to reinstall this clip. It looks like a tinnerman clip. Steve

Release tension spring to change a belt on john deere lx 255 [ 1 Answers ]

I can't figure out how to release the tension spring, other than to unhook it. Then there is too much tension to hook it back in place. There has to be a release that I cannot figure out.

You make a spring wave with a wavelength of 1.5m. You Shake the spring with a frequen [ 1 Answers ]

You make a spring wave with a wavelength of 1.5m. You Shake the spring with a frequency of 2hz. The speed of the wave is (you have to slove it or fill in the blank I don't get it T.T HELP)

View more questions Search