Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eisforx Posts: 34, Reputation: -1

Dec 20, 2006, 01:28 PM
    What do you think real love is?
    I just want to hear everyone's opinions. To me is being completely selfless to that one person and to do anything to make that person happy.
    BlazingCold Posts: 130, Reputation: 31

Dec 20, 2006, 01:42 PM
    While making your SO happy is wonderful, love isn't all about making the other person happy. It's about being happy forming a life together, while his/her addition to your life enriches other parts of yourself and your life.

To me, along with what I said above, willingly giving up my own life for another, is true love.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Love is...

Being loved for who you truly are... and loving the other person just the same.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 20, 2006, 03:56 PM
    One word...

Unconditional
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Love is unconditional..

You accept the other for who they truly are, with their faults and with their good points.

Love is also knowing when to let go. If you can let go of the one you love, then I would be inclined to agree that it is true love.

Nobody can really tell you that you are in love, you just know it..

I have experienced varieties of the concept of love such as infatuation, lust e.t.c.

Love is something much more powerful and you will know when you have experienced it.

Love is Real------Real is Love as John Lennon sung all those years ago..
    Expert

Dec 20, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Sorry Geoff, had to spread the love

Yes, love is also knowing when to let go.
    Yankeesfans2 Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Dec 20, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eisforx
    i just wanna hear everyones opinions. to me is being compleatly selfless to that one person and to do anything to make that person happy.
    LoL.. I have been married for 9 years and still ponder it. My parents and My Friend and her husband have what I call true love. My parents have been together for 30 plus years and are still crazy about each other like teenagers. Same for my friend and her husband they have so much craziness surrounding their life yet since they have each other it never gets them down! They both said it's a lot of sacrificing. I guess you take the good with the bad? I don't know I don't have that level of love.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2006, 06:54 PM
    Good with the bad, happy with the sad. Yes? But I wouldn't say sacrifices. When it is true love, it doesn't feel like sacrifices, you are not even aware that you are giving so much. Perhaps that's part of true love. Freely giving, without any expectation of a return and yet, all of it is returned, two-fold.

True love, includes friendship, understanding, unselfishness, PATIENCE lol. And believe it or not, there will be days that you will feel hurt, but I guess the difference is, when you express that hurt, to the person that you love, they listen and understand and try never to repeat what caused the hurt.

True love, is actually based in reality. Reality being life, with all it's ups and downs and true love, withstands it all.
    justjamestx Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Dec 20, 2006, 11:45 PM
    True love is not found, but realized. For true love begins with friendship. It is a mutual love between two who do not place conditions on their love for one another.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Dec 20, 2006, 11:54 PM
    I think real love is not just a feeling. Its an act. It's commitment. It's respect, admiration, loyalty, compassion and it's trust. While I do believe love can be unconditional, it's not always. If the person you love, be it your husband/wife, child or friend betrays you in such a way that is unforgivable and continues this behavior without a care for you or your feelings, then unconditional kind of flies out the window for me.
    justjamestx Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Dec 21, 2006, 12:01 AM
    Ah, good point momincali; however if this is true love is mutual, then such betrayal would not occur. I believe that "unconditional" love typically does not exist and agree that such conditions as betrayal occure, then it is not really True Love. Again, I really think for it to be true love it must be mutual, hence both parties put the other before themselves and then such betrayal would not occur. There are many flavors of love, but to me, True Love would have to be Mutual and Unconditional.
    Makiavelic76 Posts: 96, Reputation: 14

Dec 21, 2006, 12:40 AM
    Oh my God!! I hope all those letters don't crash down on me :)

For this humble human being, Love for a woman is:

Passion (desire, romanticism, charming) + Friendship (reciprocity)+ Compassion (power of JUST giving) = love worth a life time

I hope that comes to me someday

Merry Christmas Everybody :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Real love is... Growing old together and still feeling young.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 02:20 PM
    How to spread it Tal, but that is so sweet... and true.

And then, when we get really up in years, our memories may slip, just a bit , and we may forget who they are... feel like we met them for the first time and then fall in love with them all over again :). No teeth and all :)
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 03:38 PM
    What is 'Real Love'?

To begin with there are many kinds of love. The love of parents, the love children, the love of partners, the love of friends... The love of ice cream!

"Romantic love both exhilarates and motivates us. It is also critical to the continuation of our species."

I don't agree with that. Love and sex don't necessarily go together. Ask the many young single mums who are becoming more responsible for the continuation of our species these days.

However, I do believe in unconditional love - like the love I have for my children and my grandchildren.

I also love my ex - not in love - just love him for everything he did for me. Married twenty years, divorced in 91... Still friends, he's coming around on Saturday to do his Santa bit. Lol

My wish for you all this coming new year…. I wish for you all to discover a thimble full of the love I have known.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2006, 04:02 PM
    I recently had a patient who has Alzheimer's. I believe he experienced true love. While bathing him, feeding him, etc, he kept repeating

"I lost my wife, I lost my love." He lost her almost a year ago, but all he could remember through his horrific disease was his wife.

The pain in his voice was heartbreaking when he spoke of her.

This, I believe, is a prime example of true love.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 04:06 PM
    Yep, I like unconditional - commitment.

Trusting - where ever they are you trust them.

Their little quirks and annoyance don't bother you one bit.

You'd be willing to do almost anything for them - and same in return.

True respect - you believe in them.

You LISTEN to them - I mean really listen and enjoy what they say.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 04:20 PM
    True love is a woman who brings you doughnuts and beer on Sunday mornings.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2006, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chuff
    True love is a woman who brings you doughnuts and beer on Sunday mornings.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! Now we get to the heart of the matter. That is true luvvvvv!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 04:26 PM
    All right this one is for real.

True love is a friendship, respect, and the ability to take someone for who they are and not for what you want them to be.

And ironically enough, true love isn't out there anywhere because it starts with you. When you learn to accept and love yourself then and only then can you share that with someone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

Is this real? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello.. I never graduated from high school I got kicked out my last year and so on. I found this place online that says instead of a ged I can get a diploma online Is this legal and is this legit? http://www.careerlearningcourses.com

Xp not real [ 2 Answers ]

My computer tells me I don't have a authentic os what can I do? Bought the computer used with no disk.

Is it really real? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old. I started to date a guy I meet in college and we were together for a year and a half. It ended beacause I found out he was cheating and laying to me for about 6 months. I am or was a really caring person and I would have done anything for him. He would always tell me he loved me...

Is he for real [ 2 Answers ]

I'm married but I recently met a guy- also unhappily married.I never let him know that I was not happy with my husband. He pursued me and called my cellular fone and left messages. We also saw each other to talk. In short, we had a physical relationship for only 1 time. He was kind and considerate...

View more questions Search