talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2006, 04:28 PM
    I like post 18 better, shucks
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Chuff,

"True love is a woman who brings you doughnuts and beer on Sunday mornings."

Do you have good Life Insurance? Sounds like she is trying to kill you! Lol lol JOKE!! Honest lol
    addy Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Dec 21, 2006, 06:02 PM
    THe one thing I thought was funny that my mom said when a guy goes into a store by himself without you to get you tampons.I also think that is true but also other things.Love is when you can break down , get mad in front of or throw a fit at and they don't judge you for it.Love is when you dance when no ones around or when everyone's around.Love is your hero, whether the ending of a great book or when you actually got through to Pizza Huton a rainy,stormy night after something terrible happens and you need a pickmeup.Love is different for everyone, everyone has there own opinion of love.For those who believe true love doesn't exist, they probably haven't been surprised by a deep loved one. Part of my opinion of love has been expressed above, but my list goes on.There is a part of me that sometimes thinks a smart caring good father type is what I crave, then it can changes to supermodel or badboy.BUt I believe in destiny, and I think this goes for everyone.Everything happens for a reason.God or whoever you believe in puts you through this for a reason.they wouldn't put you through it if he didn't think you could handle it.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 06:09 PM
    I like to think of it as being totally concerned for another's welfare and being able to accept that person just the way (s)he is.
    Mommy2gio Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Sometimes you wonder if what you are feeling is love or lust or something else. I think everyone that is in a realationship no matter what level thinks they are in love of some kind. I love my husband of course but when I truly knew I had experienced love was when I had my son. You can't explain it! You just feel so strongly for their well being and their life in general. People always talk about finding thier soul mate. I don't think you have just one soulmate. I think there are a handful of people and what I mean by that is.. . A soulmate isn't just the person you spend the rest of your life with, I think it is the souls you are meant to connect with in your life. I think that could be a friend, your spouse, your child or all of them. Love is souls connecting. My husband and my son are my soulmates. They are love to me!
    AleafCRX Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2008, 11:30 AM
    One thing about love I don't agree with is the he fairy-tale ending part. You guys are talking about "commitment, and that such thing". I didn't have a very healthy relationship with my last love, it was actually very unhealthy, but I still loved him. We went through A LOT together. I think love is being able to stand by a person through some of the worst times of their life, sticking up for them, and helping them. People make mistakes. It'll happen, truly finding out you love someone is getting over the mistake an still loving them. It took me and year and a half to get over it. I'm not easily forgiving either.
    But I still feel the same way about him I did when I first loved him. I think that says something.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
    I wrote this in another post, but its my definition of love.

To me:

Love renews you, changes you, invigorates you. It makes you look forward to waking up in the morning so you can see that person and makes you yearn to fall asleep so you can dream about them. It encompasses your world and draws you into your own little bubble. It makes you feel alive like you had never breathed before you met your match. It makes every moment sparkle with intensity and possibility. It grows inside your heart, your mind, your soul and blossoms into a beautiful flower to be displayed to the world.

Love is losing yourself in another person, yet retaining the independence of a secure, trusting relationship. It is feeling safe and secure, not wondering if you're 'the one', but knowing you were made for your partner.

Love is living. Breathing. Ever-changing. Ever-growing. Being completely, wholly cherished.

So, that's what love is to me.

Feb 8, 2008, 01:38 PM
    That was pretty. It sounds like a quote a famous person might say, you know, like back in the old days. That was definitely my favorite though.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Love is being able to smile at them when they sleep.

Holding them while they are getting sick (ick)

Being able to smile graciously at Mommy-in-law when you want to use all those bad words you never were allowed to use.

Mostly, love is when you just can't find the words to express what you are feeling in your heart, but it just feels good and powerful and those feelings will get you through any difficulties that may be waiting for you.

May all in the world feel loved... true love and be able to give it back in return.
    dlee889 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Feb 8, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eisforx
    i just wanna hear everyones opinions. to me is being compleatly selfless to that one person and to do anything to make that person happy.
    That feeling deep inside that makes you delirious and can also cripple you with pain

Feb 8, 2008, 07:15 PM
    True that lol. It's the BEST and the WORST thing in life. Also the hardest, in my opinion.
    Agashiyeyo Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 22, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingCold View Post
    While making your SO happy is wonderful, love isn't all about making the other person happy. It's about being happy forming a life together, while his/her addition to your life enriches other parts of yourself and your life.

To me, along with what I said above, willingly giving up my own life for another, is true love.
    Yes but this is a logical contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by momincali View Post
    I think real love is not just a feeling. Its an act. It's commitment. It's respect, admiration, loyalty, compassion and it's trust. While I do believe love can be unconditional, it's not always. If the person you love, be it your husband/wife, child or friend betrays you in such a way that is unforgiveable and continues this behavior without a care for you or your feelings, then unconditional kind of flies out the window for me.
    Can't agree more. Looks like no one else was able to speak such healthy words. Love is as long "unconditional" as we are not long term neglected and our needs matter. Of course it all starts with a talk. And of course with lots of understanding for somebody's worse day. But if it continues for a long time, it can drive the most loving person simply nuts with pain.

There is recently lots of ideas flying in the air that "happiness is in ourselves" but it is not true. Of course we will be able to attract a person when we are in harmony with ourselves. But yet we all want relationships to make an addition and fulfillment. Later we grow with a bond to that person. And when there is a bond there is always a strong level of disappointment if we are long term hurt. So, no true love is a mature commitment and a lot of understanding, giving and friendship.

But do throw word "unconditional" to the garbage. When you are beaten up and violence occurs are you still supposed to find your inner happiness, rely on self-fulfillment and don't expect anything?

Even Real Love couch on one hand preeches about unconditional love, but on the other hand explains partners their faults and ups "don't sit videogaming all day cause you are neglecting Martha". So, unconditional??

Marriage or even any relationship between two people should not be given up for a stupid reason, and that's it. But no it is not unconditional, we all have needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

Is this real? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello.. I never graduated from high school I got kicked out my last year and so on. I found this place online that says instead of a ged I can get a diploma online Is this legal and is this legit? http://www.careerlearningcourses.com

Xp not real [ 2 Answers ]

My computer tells me I don't have a authentic os what can I do? Bought the computer used with no disk.

Is it really real? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old. I started to date a guy I meet in college and we were together for a year and a half. It ended beacause I found out he was cheating and laying to me for about 6 months. I am or was a really caring person and I would have done anything for him. He would always tell me he loved me...

Is he for real [ 2 Answers ]

I'm married but I recently met a guy- also unhappily married.I never let him know that I was not happy with my husband. He pursued me and called my cellular fone and left messages. We also saw each other to talk. In short, we had a physical relationship for only 1 time. He was kind and considerate...

View more questions Search