Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DirkAB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Computer connection via phone line with dial-up host
    I need to connect to a computer in a rural area where there is no high speed internet - just phone connections. Purpose is to monitor one or more cameras on the property. Need to set up a computer to computer connection that's initiated when I dial rural computer and have it set up to answer incoming call. Assuming rural computer will serve as host. Computer I'm call from DOES have high speed internet connection (if that's relevant.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2006, 12:33 PM
    PC Anywhere has a feature where you can connect via dialup.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Dec 26, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkAB
    I need to connect to a computer in a rural area where there is no high speed internet - just phone connections. Purpose is to monitor one or more cameras on the property. Need to set up a computer to computer connection that's initiated when I dial rural computer and have it set up to answer incoming call. Assuming rural computer will serve as host. Computer I'm call from DOES have high speed internet connection (if that's relevant.)
    If applicable (and perhaps more logical), I would have the camera system send a notification message (page, txt message, email, etc) based on an alarm (motion sensor, open door, broken window, etc) activication. If the system is web-based, I would have the system (1) connect to the internet as a directive of an alarm and (2) "enable" web access to the camera system. PCAnywhere, and other apps will allow you remotely access your PC/webcams.

What is your budget and level of understanding/connecting video, internet, telephony services?

P2E

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharing dial up connection over wireless ad-hoc network. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi!! Does anybody know how to share a dial up connection over a wireless ad-hoc network. I have managed to share files and folders. And I have even managed to share my printer. But I can't for the life of me seem to share my dial up connection. Can anybody help? Regards Luke :confused:...

To host or not to host out of town guests? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it considered rude to suggest family members to stay at a hotel when they come to your state for a visit? My husband and I live near a "tourist-y" city. We both work full time jobs with long hours. His brother mentioned he would like to visit soon when their boys get a bit older. I...

Have router but computer tries to dial-up [ 1 Answers ]

Hay, my computer is a dell PC with a pentium 3 processor and xp. I'm a student andlive in a house where the router is upstairs and a I need connect my PC using my wireless card to the router upstairs. I've been able to get my card to find our houses server and establish a connection with the router...

No dial tone but phone rings [ 5 Answers ]

I have no dial tone but the phone rings very low when someone calls and when I pick it up it's dead except for another low ring on other end. I live on second floor of garden apt. could the person below me have punctured the line coming up from the NID with a nail or screw maybe hanging a picture...

Dial up connection [ 2 Answers ]

Aoa, I have dial up connection to internet.I can not listen phone calls during internet usage. I want to know that am I called by phone during my web browsing? Is there any program available to know about which Tel Phone calls are coming my during web browsing? Thank you

View more questions Search