Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    instantpuri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2010, 05:25 AM
    Strong sulphur smell from all the cold water faucets in my condo!
    Just bought this condo, it has'nt been used in a few years.. There is a very strong sulphur smell when I turn on the cold water faucets... Strangely the hot water side of it is fine.. even though the water heater is not technically working! This is a condominium comminity and not on well water as far as I know.. and have no clue what it is! Any ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 10, 2010, 05:05 PM

Have you opened up all your cold water faucets and flushed lines for a half hour? I've had this complaint where the hot's affected but it's seldom I get a complaint going the other way, If that doesn't do it you may have to have your lines flushed and cleansed professionally.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sulphur smell coming out of cold water faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I have a sulphur smell coming out of my cold water faucet. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

When the hot water is on upstairs cold water runs through all faucets downstairs why? [ 10 Answers ]

We had our carport turned into a room for our handicapped son and the plumber came out to plumb the bathroom. Now where we always had plenty hot water downstairs and upstairs the water downstairs only gets lukewarm and when someone is taking a shower upstairs cold water runs through all the faucets...

Smell from cold side of new faucets only [ 2 Answers ]

My well water tasted and smelled fine until I had new faucets installed. Since then there is a strong nasty gassy kind of smell coming from the COLD SIDE ONLY, and ONLY IN THE NEW FAUCETS. This smell is NOT the common sulfur egg smell often found in well water. Water from the old faucets that...

Sulphur smell well water . [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, As I said in my previous question, I finally got the well working. Initially the water was quite dirty and now it cleared up but still has strong sulphur smell. Could anyone tell me the reason? I am in Pinellas county, Florida. I will fill the swimming pool with the well water. Is there...

Hot water in cold faucets [ 1 Answers ]

Suddenly I now have hot water coming out of the cold faucet side of my bath and powder rooms. My shower has the kind of diverter that has anti scald and has always worked great. Now if someone flushes the toilet it gets cold. Is the diverter the problem? Brett

View more questions Search