Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neistat61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 04:59 PM
    What to do if I am beign sued for credit card
    I am being sued by a credit card company that would not let me have over a 300 dollar balance. When I went over the balance by a few dollars the fees caught up so quick I could not pay. Now I have to appear in court at the end of the month with now a suit of 572 and with court costs over 700 dollars. What should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 05:14 PM

Figure on how you are going to make those payments or if they get a garnishment, how you will make your budget with it out of your check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Credit card sued me [ 1 Answers ]

A credit card sued me for not paying 6.5 K and 3K fees. I'm a partime worker. I asked them to pay about 1500$ from the bigining then, I will pay 150$ month. They didn't naccept it. Note that the credit is almost 6 years old. Please advise. Thank you in advance,

I am being sued by Credit Card co. [ 1 Answers ]

After browsing and seeing similar questions... I have to ask for myself. About 3 or 4 years ago I was advised by consumer credit counseling services to stop paying my credit cards if I couldn't afford them. The lady basically said you need to pay your house and electric and buy food first... so I...

Being Sued for Credit Card [ 4 Answers ]

I just received a summons today that I was being sued for nonpayment of a credit card. I have in the past made payments on this credit card. I think now most of the payment due is mostly interest. This debt is probably more than 7 yrs old and the original company, Providian, sold to Washington...

View more questions Search