Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desapx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 03:35 PM
    Diagnose problem of trane furnace xl80
    My furnace was in 2ft. Of water for about 24 hours. I replaced the blower motor and start capacitor because it shorted out. The blower will still not start. The 120v/24v AC transformer and the 5 amp fuse in the blower compartment check okay. Should I assume that the circuit board is bad and needs to be replaced?
    Thanks Pat
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 07:22 PM

Yes, if board got wet its probably bad
    sdcodes Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2010, 11:55 AM
    Probably! Try using a hair dryer on the board for a while. It may dry some of the components that are still damp... Is the auto ignition function working?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Yes,,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL80 TUD100R948K furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 2 stage furnace just installed and in the manual it mentions that the blower motor speed can be adjusted by the spped taps wiring. It has 4 wires black, yello, red and blue. And there is a terminal called "PARK". Which has the yellow wire connected to it and then RED to LO HEAT...

I have a Trane XL80 Furnace blower problem [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 Furnace. The blower doesn't seem to put out much force. I'm wondering if there is a way I can speed it up? In the winter it seems to do fine but in the summer it doesn't seem to keep up. I've replaced centeral air compressors since and have been told they are the right size but...

Trane Xl80 Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Keep getting the blinking light on the control panel. Flashes 4 times it say's it means that the thermal protection device is open. O.K. what does that mean . And can I fix or do I have to call a repair man Thanks Jimmyd

Trane XL80 blower problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 furnace, about 16 years old, with heat only setup. After we turned on the heat, the pilot fire came on, then the furnace lit and the heats up, however the blower wasn't turning and not blowing air. We opened both doors, saw the fan limit (a little round dial with setting to...

View more questions Search