Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martin61 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Talk to a solicitor
    My son has been conned into signing for a car loan by a so called friend who has since dissapeard making no payment, is there anything we can do ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 12:14 PM

Nope. He signed a legal document... HE is on the hook for it now. Best he can hope for to salvage his credit is to get them to sign the car over to him, otherwise they will reposess it and it will hurt his credit... if he has any left.

Maybe this will teach him you don't sign or cosign for other peoples debts. When you do you agree to take over payments if they fail to. Its legally enforcible.
    martin61 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Nope. He signed a legal document...HE is on the hook for it now. Best he can hope for to salvage his credit is to get them to sign the car over to him, otherwise they will reposess it and it will hurt his credit...if he has any left.

Maybe this will teach him you don't sign or cosign for other peoples debts. When you do you agree to take over payments if they fail to. Its legally enforcible.
    The car has already been repossed, the kid was driving it without insurance, I know deep down its down to my son to pay but guess I'm just clutchin at straws, just feel so sorry for him, he didn't realise what he was letting himself in for...
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by martin61 View Post
    the car has already been repossed, the kid was driving it without insurance, i know deep down its down to my son to pay but guess i'm just clutchin at straws, just feel so sorry for him, he didn't realise what he was letting himself in for.......
    They CAN still come after him for any shortage between what it can be sold for vs. what the banknote was.

Problem is if he signed for it he owns it. He's legally an adult after all, a minor can't enter into a contract like that. He should consider this a learning experience. And never do it again.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 12:59 PM

Wisdom of Solomon:

Proverbs 6:1-5

"Son, if you endorse a note for someone you hardly know, guaranteeing his debt, you are in serious trouble. You may have trapped yourself by your agreement. Quick! Get out of it if you possibly can! Swallow your pride; don't let embarrassment stand in the way. Go and beg to have your name erased. Don't put it off. Do it now. Don't rest until you do. If you can get out of this trap you have saved yourself like a deer that escaped from a hunter, or a bird from the net."

Proverbs 22:26-27:

"Unless you have the extra cash on hand, don't countersign a note. Why risk everything you own? They'll even take your bed!"
    aaronb386 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 12:36 PM
    I uster get Disability Living Allowance but I got sent down in April this year and ant had a penny of them should they back pay me or what ?
    And I am still entiteled to it have had letters of them what the f**k is going on
    aaronb386 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 12:40 PM
    Comment on TxGreaseMonkey's post
    All I can say is go on run and don't pay nothing I would they will take everything out of your ouse man unlucky ;)
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2010, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronb386 View Post
    i uster get Disability Living Allowance but i got sent down in april this year and ant had a penny of them should they back pay me or what ?
    and i am still entiteled to it have had letters of them what the f**k is going on
    What is that in English?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Talk to solicitor online [ 6 Answers ]

I want to talk to a solictor online for free

Talk to a solicitor online for free [ 0 Answers ]

Hi am comeing into my mothers estate but am resiveing income support but I want to give it all to my grandson can I do that without my income support stoping I just want the money put into his bank and nothing to do with it because me and my late mother did not see eye to eye

I Need to Talk to a Solicitor [ 0 Answers ]

I have just bought a car on finance, signed the agreement and drove the car home last Wednesday, now the finance company are saying they have just spoken to my employers whio say that although I have a contract of employment I am not conntracted to any specific hours, consequently the car finance...

I Need to Talk to a Solicitor [ 30 Answers ]

An issue arose at school, where one child has made an allegation against my child. The child first made an allegation in June 2010 however could not remember the other child (my child). Now in September the child all of a sudden remembered who it was and there mother contacted social services....

View more questions Search