Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anitalove Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 08:59 AM
    I need some advice
    Hello everyone, I'm on the verge of a divorce and I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. I'm 24 and I got married when I was 18, the marriage was as a result of my husband looking desprately for a wife. I was not ready for marriage but he convinced me that he was going to take care of me. We courted for 6 months and I assumed I feel in love. He used the sweetest words ever and made me feel like a queen, he gave me everything I desired so far he had it. We lived apart for 3 years though we saw each other after every 3 months. After 3 years I had a daugther. After 5 years my marriage started taking another dimension, my husband constantly communicates with girls and get emotionally involved with them though I'm not sure if he ever got sexually involved. This did not bother me as such and we talked about it and he promised never to hurt me. However the real pain came, my younger sister came to spend the holiday with us and he became too emotionally involved with her, he never took his eyes off her, he told her how much he loves her and proclaimed so many things that he had told me to win me in the past. He signs into dating websites and gets himself involved with young girls, he selects his looking for a girl for marriage? He's known to be a blatant liar by everyone who knows him well including myself. His life is all about lies... I don't know what to do because he was my first love... I'm in pains, I cry everyday, I feel all so alone... I want a divorce but I'm confused...
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 20, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Perhaps some marriage counseling would be in order before you decide on a divorce.

You said it did not bother you so much that he was 'emotionally involved' with other girls, but it clearly does. It seems that by having that conversion, you gave him permission to do this. Have you talked recently about this? Does he know he's upsetting you?

Dec 20, 2006, 09:10 AM
    Thank you for the reply... I never told him it didn't bother me, I controlled my feelings though I made him understand it hurts me to the marrow and he know it but he's not willing to stop... becuase he continues even if I cry my eyes and heart out after an incidence. He's not responsive to how I feel, he never listens because he does it all over again. He is a very proud man and feel no body is wiser than he is.. He would never go to a marrige counsellor
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 20, 2006, 09:24 AM
    I'm am very sorry to hear that. If he knows he's hurting you, then he doesn't care for you. No one deserves to be delibertly hurt, so it may very well be time to leave him. Probably better for your daughter that this is happening when she's 3 versus later.
    simpl2me Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Dec 20, 2006, 09:35 AM
    First loves are hard but not an ending area... If he is doing all that then he diserves to be alone and maybe that is what he needs. Cause he knows he has you at home and he is taking it for granted in my eyes. No one should have to put up with it, no matter what. If he so wants to get emotionally involved then tell him that aparently you have nothing to give me and leave and if he really loves you then he will quit. If not then get the divorce cause you and your daughter shouldn't have to be grown up around that bs. Altermadins are not a good thing but they serve there purpose to get true answers sometimes.

Dec 20, 2006, 10:02 AM
    I feel very happy hearing your opinions, it's the first time I've ever open my feelings. I cried all day today and I want to stop and move on. I intend to leave with my daughter once he's away. He really needs to think about his approach to love and marriage. He says I scrutinize him, yes I know but I come out with painful facts that would endanger my marriage and love in the future. If I investigate and I find nothing then I'm a fool and guilty but it's all justified. He wants to have a life apart from me and his daugther and I would give him what he wants because I'm broken and I feel no sense of love anymore.
    simpl2me Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Dec 20, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Go with your gut never secound guess yourself... and good luck and god be with you in all that you decide to do.
    veronica1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 10:00 AM
    The first time are hard and you should'nt gotten married at age 18 years old.You should find a guy who will love you for who you are.Look my uncle and my new aunt are getting marrid his 32 and she's 30.If you still love him then go for it have a secound chance.Best of luck.and may all your wishes come true.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 1, 2007, 10:47 AM
    It is what it is, he is disrespecting your marriage. If this is something that he can't help but do, such as get involved with these woman then he shouldn't be married to you or anyone else. He obviously can't stay faithful even if he isn't sleeping with these woman he is still is getting involved with them "emotionally" and in some ways that's worse because its not just about sex its something deeper. Sweetie, you don't deserve this treatment. Even if at first you honestly didn't mind it sounds like his behavior is spiralling out of control. If he doesn't respond to you when your crying your eyes out then it sounds as if he has left this marriage emotionally.
    Maybe its best that you leave for a little while and see what happens. Maybe he will realize how important you are and maybe he won't. MAYBE you will realize that there is someone else better for you and not want to continue the marriage. But in any case for your sanity maybe you should at least take a "break" from the situation then your mind can be clear to make a better decision. Good luck to you
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2007, 12:17 PM
    He's sick and needs help, but probably not from you. The best help you can give him (and yourself and your daughter) is to leave him. I doubt if it will wake him up, but it might. Even if he started right now, it sounds like he has a very long road to travel before he could be trusted. Either way, you'll be out of the situation and able to start healing.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Call a good, experienced divorce attorney now. This marriage is dead and has been for a long time. This man has some serious emotional issues to deal with. Until he does he is not going to be able to be a faithful husband.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 07:48 PM
    I do think counseling is important, but if nothing works out from that. Then divorce.

Good luck. It is good the decisions your making to have a better life for you and your daughter.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Advice. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone I need you help well I've been texting someone now for at least 2 months and I'm starting to get feelings for him but don't no if he feels the same for me! While we've been texting he hasent said enything regarding a relationship! I want to tell him but scared I'm of being knocked...

Need advice [ 8 Answers ]

hey everyone, two months before I went into the korean army, I met the girl of my life... I'm 25 yrs old, and I never pursued a girl ever before, but the first time I spent time with her, I told her I was going to marry her... it all started like a movie and pursued her like crasy and she...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

Could use some advice [ 9 Answers ]

I have been contacted by my credit card company. Basically I was told that if I can't pay half of my debt that I will be summons to court and sued. I was told that their attorneys fees would be added to my debt. I am listed on one of my parents credit cards. The credit card company has tried to...

Need Some Advice [ 4 Answers ]

I moved into my apartment in Nov. after I moved in I found that I have mold growing on the blinds and along the window of the bedroom that I sleep in. I called my landlord and told him about it; and nothing was ever done. When I found out that my building was sold I contacted the new landlord and...

View more questions Search