Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sparkss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 05:57 AM
    I have an e-machine monitor, and Dell CPU, how do I get them to connect/be compatible
    My e-tower monitor has a different chord/connection than a Dell CPu. There is an extra line connected to the connection wire that screws in to the CPU. Are they compatible, and can I get a connection adaptor? ^_^
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2010, 06:06 AM

Check out this site:
    DVI to VGA Adapter (Male to Female)

It shows an adapter for a DVI to VGA connection. Your E-Machine probably has a VGA (15 pin D Connector) and your Dell a DVI.

If that isn't what you have can you attach a picture of the connector on the tower and the monitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect to cpu to laptop [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a CPU where I kept my personal files. I don't have monitor now (Only CPU). Can you suggest me how to connect to my CPU through my laptop and get the data to my Laptop? (Both my laptop and CPU is having Windows XP OS). Thanks is adnvance.. :)

Cpu OK but monitor not working [ 1 Answers ]

I plugged in my computer correctly and I turned on the moniter and the computer(cpu).cpu is working fine but nothing happened to d monitor... so, then, I held the power button down for awile and the computer turns on and the moniter doesn't the light beside the power button on the moniter is...

How to connect a laptop with a CPU [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a laptop with Windows Vista OS and a CPU (with out monitor). Windows 2003 and SAP XI is installed in the hard disk which is there in the CPU. I am not interested to buy a monitor now. I would like to connect the CPU to my laptop. Could you suggest me, how can I access the...

Can I use my laptop as a monitor for CPU unit? [ 3 Answers ]

My monitor died, and no funds to replace as of yet but I do have a laptop.is there a way of connecting my CPU unit to operate through my laptop and ,me using the laptop as my monitor?is there such a way ?id appreciate some help with this:)

View more questions Search