Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flower562 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 07:56 PM
    I pleaded guilty to a 484 I am on a diversion is it a conviction
    I pleaded guilty to a 484 I am on a diversion once I complete the program it will be dismissed and reduce to an infraction so as of right now do I have a conviction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 08:14 PM

Not really, ( a real tech issue) since if you don't fulfill the terms of the program it will be.
    At this point it is still a "charge" and the sentence is being withheld being complete program, where charges are dismissed.

So no, what is the issue for the reason to know

Aug 8, 2010, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    not really, ( a real tech issue) since if you don't fulfill the terms of the program it will be.
    At this point it is still a "charge" and the sentence is being withheld being complete program, where charges are dismissed.

So no, what is the issue for the reason to know
    The reason why I wanted to know was my job terminated me because they said it is a conviction I explain to them at this point it is not one yet. Can I sue them for wrongfull dismissal.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 08:27 PM

You were arrested for it, and since you accepted the punishment admitted guilt.

So were you fired for doing the crime, or for having a conviction.

What part of the company policy did it violate ?

Most crimes that allow this are merely misdemeanors anyway ?

Aug 8, 2010, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You were arrested for it, and since you accepted the punishment admited guilt.

So were you fired for doing the crime, or for having a conviction.

What part of the company policy did it violate ?

most crimes that allow this are merley misdemeanors anyway ?
    I was fired for the conviction. They said it was a major infraction they said a conviction of a crime that is detrimental to the company.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 09:21 PM

What exactly is a 484? Codes are different in different areas?

What was your job?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If my record says non conviction/nolle prosse should I answers yes to the conviction [ 7 Answers ]

My record says non conviction and nolle prosse.should I answer yes to the have you ever been convicted of a crime on th application

Diversion [ 1 Answers ]

It has been almost 2 years since I have been arrested for my felony charge. I was arrested for Non person Burglary, Theft and MIP(long story) and it was my first offense. I was offered a pre-trail diversion program and accepted. I have since then completed everything on that and have finished...

Difference between diversion and not being found guilty? [ 9 Answers ]

What are the differences between someone being charged and going into a diversion program- and someone going through court of law and being found not guilty? I know for a fact that your fingerprints/photos can be erased (for both situations). What else? I live in Ontario, Canada.

Should I plead Guilty or Not Guilty to a Fix-it-Ticket? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone has had some experience with Fix-it-Tickets and could offer some advice. Anyway, several months ago, I received a Fix-it-Ticket for a headlight that was out. I replaced the headlight the next day, but stupidly, I wasn't paying attention and I missed the date to send in proof...

View more questions Search