Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stan44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 03:29 PM
    Are metal surfaced sandwich roofing panels available in US.
    A Google search identifies metal sandwich roofing panels from India and China, but not from US manufacturers. I want to reroof over a shingle roof with metal roofing and would like to add insulation at same time. These panels were used in my Iraq reconstruction projects -- but are they too high tech for US?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 08:07 PM
    I would seriously doubt it being too high tech.More like too costly for what it would deliver.Overkill for the USA needs(except in some desert regions)or lastly,because they might not pass the testing required for the US.(politics included)

If you want to add insulation under a new metal roof there are a few options I know of right off hand.

One would be a product formerly known as ' Nail line ' ,it was a sandwiched polyisocyanurate panel with OSB on the top and bottom.Thickness could be determined by needs.(R7 per inch)

You could also use the poly as separate individual panels installed between the 2X framing you would apply for the new metal roof.

Out-gassing from this product has shown a certain amount of insulation value loss over the lifetime of it(Ours has lost perhaps 10-12% in 15 years)But I believe that most solid insulation's have this also.

Other than that,perhaps others can offer you further information on additional products.

KBC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Putting a water heater vent pipe through metal roofing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm installing a Bosch on-demand water heater in a house that has metal roofing (in Hawaii) and need to pass the propane combustion product vent pipe through the roof, which will probably require cutting a hole through one of the corrugations of the roof. It's not the round continuous...

Cutting metal roofing. [ 6 Answers ]

I have some old metal roofing that I want to recycle, however I need to cut it to fit my project. What is the best and easiest way to cut this ? Thanks

Steps to put metal roofing over shingled roof [ 1 Answers ]

Please someone help this beginner. I have a house with one layer os asphalt shingles, I want to know the exact steps to putting a metal panel roof over existing roof. Thanks you so much.

Metal roofing [ 2 Answers ]

How do I install the valleys

Can you roof over metal roofing in Ohio thanks [ 2 Answers ]

Can you roof over metal roofing

View more questions Search