Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainAIM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2003, 09:19 PM
    Problems With a Friend
    I'm a college student and a friend of mine who is female have known each other for a long time. We've gotten along just fine, honest and open with each other, etc. This semester though things have been a little different. She's been a little more nicer to me than she normally has been that was until a few weeks ago. That was when she told me she had a date with some guy from she met at an art class. After that date, I every time we would meet she would always she say that she was busy writing a paper or going to class (even though I knew she didn't have a class) or just blowing me off all together. Now I'm not an idiot and I think I have a pretty good idea that she's avoiding me. Why ? Since I've known here we've been with other people and there wasn't a problem. Now all of sudden it's like she doesn't want to be my friend. What's the deal ?
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Apr 11, 2003, 10:08 AM
    Problems With a Friend
    You say that you have been open and honest in the past, suggesting good comunication, SO ASK HER why things have changed. Tell her that you value your friendship but that you do not wish to be treated like a used dishrag. You may not get the response you want but its better than doing nothing - that makes you feel helpless. On top of that, simply bringing it to her attention may make things better - you'll never know until you DO IT.

Best wishes,
    Dwalex
    chaz1797 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2003, 10:41 PM
    Problems With a Friend
    I say what the expert before me said, open communication is th ebest in a relationship no matter what kind it is, maybe you should ask her what's up and what si bothering her? Explain your concerns and go from there, friends are hard to find and we should conserve the ones we have, so talk and get things out in the open... Good luck and God bless

Chaz :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friend problems... [ 16 Answers ]

My best friend is changing. And not for the better! Last year we spent a lot of time together because we had many classes together. Now, this year, we have none. In the few days we have been back in school, she, let's call her Chrissy, has gotten increasingly meaner towards me! I went to one...

Help for a friend [ 7 Answers ]

My friend was upset a little bit she said about this :- If your boyfriend tells you, “this girl at this bar started dancing with me, I told her to keep her space as I have a girl friend” which is great :) She says “so” and he moves away. Anyway I asked if she was pretty and he said “yes” I...

Help for Friend [ 2 Answers ]

I have a close friend who has been Hearing Impaired since birth. She has had only 1 hearing aid in all this time (57 yrs) Due to financial situation she cannot get a hearing aid. Is there any place she can go for help?

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

Problems with my supervisor... She used to be a good friend! [ 6 Answers ]

I need some advice please! Well I have been working with this girl for a year. We got along really really well. We even look the same, everyone mistakes us for each other and we like the same things. Anyway our boss left, and since she has the most experience she has been promoted as my...

View more questions Search