Aug 8, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Hayter lawnmower won't go into gear
    It starts OK but won't go into gear.Any idea's
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Aug 8, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Hi! zagazoo, welcome to AMHD :)
    Quote Originally Posted by zagazoo View Post
    it starts ok but won't go into gear.Any idea's
    This really should be in the Tools & Power Equipment Sub-Topic. I notified Curlyben so you can find it there.

From what I've seen it could be a bad clutch.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 10, 2010, 08:13 AM

Hi,
    I have no axe to grind, but you would be best served if you gave a model and told at least some of us that you are in the UK or Europ(or elsewhere.) I personally do answer questions from the UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, etc.
    Hayter is a UK brand! To be honest, only a few people in the US are as picky about the appearance of their yards as the Brits and some Europeans(I am not one, but friends are.)
    Please give more info when asking; I can give parts breakdowns, etc. and may even have an answer though I have never seen the brand.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My car won't shift into gear [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1989 jeep wrangler with a puegot ba10 5 transmission. At a stop sign one day I tried putting it into gear but it made the gears grind immediately causing the engine to stall. After this point whether the car engine is running or not, it will not shift into gear. It is a manual...

Transaxle won't shift into gear [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Hyundai accent. The car ran great but it would not pass smog. So I pulled the engine and trans. Out. I bought a used engine and attached the old trans to it. I dropped it in the car yesterday. The car started fine but if won't shift into gear. When I put it in D, R, 2, or 1 the...

Why won't a car go into gear [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2009 kia spectra I can put it into reverse drive netural 3 2 and 1 but I just won't go anywhere like it just won't switch over. What should I do

Tractor won't go into gear [ 1 Answers ]

My tractor will not go into gear. The engine is running great it os 4 years old craftsman

98 Explorer (automatic) won't go in first gear [ 6 Answers ]

Be easy on me, I'm a little mechanically challenged. I recently bought a 98 Explorer 4X4, automatic, and am now having problems with it not wanting to go into first gear. I drove it up to Maryland and thought it might have something to do with the cold weather, but the weather is warming up and I...

View more questions Search