Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 10:18 AM
    1995 Murray Lawn Mower 42'' MODEL 42819X92
    Was running just fun stopped tried to start but wouldnot stay running replaced spark plug and replaced gas, changhed oil too. Still nothing, what could be the problem. Please help.
    [ CLEANED CARBURETOR TOO ]
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 11:15 AM

Hi,
    Putting a bit of gas into the throat of the carb will see if it is fuel related. If it has an anti-backfire solenoid on the bottom of the carb, it may not be opening.
    It could be that heat rising off the hot engine finished off the armature. Check the fuel part first and proceed from there.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Murray Lawn Mower 42'', what could be the problem. Please help. [ 1 Answers ]

Was running just fun stopped tried to start but wouldnot stay running replaced spark plug and replaced gas, changhed oil too. Still nothing, what could be the problem. Please help.

Murray lawn mower model numbers [ 1 Answers ]

What year is my murray lawn trator model 3860812c

Information about Murray Lawn Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murray Riding Mower and cannot get blades to engage, does not have broken belts or anything like that

Model number for a murray riding lawn mower [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking for a model number on my murray 14.5 hp 42" mower. I have looked under the seat, but there is no model number. I found a number by the steering wheel and it is 44x6817, but this is not the model number. All I need to a part number for a new mower belt and new blades. Please help if...

Murray 42' belt diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Belt is not turning and need to see how it should look when installed properly.

View more questions Search