Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j.daniels2108 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 05:53 AM
    How do I take apart 4 inch cast iron drain line at a joint
    I need to replace toilet flange it is cast iron it is hooked to 4 inch cast iron pipe how do I remove pipe from elbow
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 06:25 AM

Show us a picture.

With a small drill bit, drill a series of holes in the led around the joint until you have removed enough of the led to grasp the remaining led with needle nose pliers and pull it out.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 8, 2010, 07:13 AM

Why do you need to remove the flange? If one side's broke they make a repair part (see image) for a easy fix. But if you have to remove it follow Harolds advice and get back to us. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you replace a 4 inch cast iron soil stack with 3 inch pvc? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home built (I'm guessing) in the early 1900's. I noticed a leak in my basement coming from the old 4 inch cast iron soil stack running from my second floor bathroom to the basement. There is water dripping down the pipe to the basement. Three plumbers have come out to...

Seal copper stack to cast iron drain line [ 2 Answers ]

I have a copper stack pipe coming down from upstairs washrooms leading into a cast iron drain line that ultimately goes through the basement and out to the septic tank. It looks as though the copper stack was simply run into the cast iron drain with some kind of sealant. At this point it appears...

Converting from cast iron to pvc 4 inch [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering I have a 4 in cast iron that has a hole in it and I need to replace with pvc what would I do to replace I know some what about plumbing I just don't know anything about cast iron

4 inch cast iron main cracked [ 3 Answers ]

4 inch cast iron main drain has a slow leak at what I think are small cracks in the line at the Y of the clean out just before it goes into the slab of the basement floor. It is old stuff, the house was built around 1902. What are my options in fixing this. Thanks in advance.

Utility Sink connected to 5 inch cast iron waste line [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased an home that was built well before plumbing. Apparently the waste line was installed before 4" became the standard, so my home has 5" cast iron which all of the professionals around here swear they've never seen before. The utility sink is connected after the y, by a "saddle...

View more questions Search