Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momsuffering2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 05:00 AM
    How do I know when Ive completed my probation
    My son was 2 months from AF service. Already accepted but put on hold because job was not open in his career field (scored very high and wanted him in certain job). During that 2 months he became mentally ill with sudden onset bipolar with schizophrenia tendencies. He committed several crimes. Was sentenced as a class c felon. His attorney and psychiatrist said he was influenced by others who were committed and served jail time. Long story he committed crimes in Maine we live in SC. He would have been lliving on streets of Maine in winter waiting on trial and being mentally ill. I told lawyer have him take plea. He got fine 10000$ and put on probation for one year. That was 2 years ago. He has been on medicine for about 1.5 years and made significant improvement. Of course he can't go into military, can't find a job, can't sit still long enough to study, wasn't given disability by state and would be homeless except for his family. Anybody know how to vacate a felony class c?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2010, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by momsuffering2 View Post
    Anybody know how to vacate a felony class c?
    Hello mom:

Nope. That's just not possible.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2010, 07:50 AM

You can't vacate this but if he didn't get into any more trouble or subsequent arrests in 10 years or so you may be able to have this expunged. Other than that he's stuck being a felon until then.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 08:08 AM

Nope, first no reason he would not have been on the street, he on bail could have come to SC with you, till trial. So not going to trial was a choice you made. ( he made)

So now there is no appeal, no getting it dismissed, it is there.
    But there are 1000's of people with felonies and most of them work, IN GA I understand about 1 in 5 people have a criminal record of some sort.

Next if he needs improved treatment, then he needs to to function in society. And I am not sure of course of condition, but why can't he "find a job" a lot of low level jobs, washing cars, janitor and more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation almost completed.what's next? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, In about a week I will be done with probation. For last couple of months, my PO has been active on my case meaning I have had more frequent visits, computer checked. I have been having sleepless nights as I haven't done anything and I would hate to go through anything again. Anyway my...

How they should be completed [ 2 Answers ]

How they should be completed in accounting

I've been on probation to long and I think I should be off! [ 2 Answers ]

I was given 3 months probation on a misdominor for underage alcohol, but its been 6 months and I'm still on probation I haven't done anything else since I got on shouldn't I be off?

What after completed this course [ 1 Answers ]

I have got orcle application techincal ,developer6i,dba and sql server I wondering what I can get after all this subjuct I got online examination but I would the consltant lead me what is the next and I still donot have a job .as soon as possbile informe

Specified I/O operation not completed [ 3 Answers ]

I see the help here but want to understand what caused it. Currently I'm virus scanning an external hard drive (that is the HD out of my laptop). What I/O operation is it speaking of? The virus scan is still going on no problem - except that it's taking forever.

View more questions Search