Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mismo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 01:59 AM
    How can I get over something that bothers me in my relationship?
    I'm in a relation ship of 4 month,s recently I came across some info about her past that changes the way I see her and how I feel about her. I still love her very much. But I don't know why anymore. I didn't use to be a jelos boyfriend or possessive but now I can't stop everything bothers me, everything makes me think she is not being truthful with me. And what's worse, once my mind starts I can't stop and thoughts keep escalating and getting worse. I'v tried catching myself and stoping, telling myself things that I think will make me change my thoughts but it dosen't work, everything takes me back to that. I don't even know why I love her anymore. It hurts me so much because she deserves so much better than a guy like the one I am right now. Pleas help.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Aug 8, 2010, 02:14 AM

Everyone has skeletons in their closet, if she knew all yours what would she think about you? So I would just keep that in the back of your mind. You haven't said what the info was, so all I can assume is its pretty bad. Everyone has done things they are not proud of, and that's what makes the people they are today. And before you found this out you loved her, just the way she was. Nobody is prefect, I would talk this over with her if she meant the much to you, How do you know the info you found out is true without asking her. Good Luck but I would talk to her first, if you ever loved her in the first place. Listen to her with an open heart it might bring you closer!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 04:49 AM
    You don't say if you have talked about this to her,could it be that your mind has Conjoured up images of the situation that may not be accurate?

Get her side of events.

In saying all that,your putting what could be a great relationship in a dangerous place because you can't let go of somethiing that happened BEFORE you met.

As the previous poster said,we all have something in our pasts that make us cringe or wish we could take back,but those events have led us to the people we are today,and in your girlfriends case the person you fell in love with.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    you dont say if you have talked about this to her,could it be that your mind has Conjoured up images of the situation that may not be accurate?

get her side of events.

in saying all that,your putting what could be a great relationship in a dangerous place because you can't let go of somethiing that happened BEFORE you met.

as the previous poster said,we all have something in our pasts that make us cringe or wish we could take back,but those events have led us to the people we are today,and in your girlfriends case the person you fell in love with.
    So in ffstyle I can make comments,agree with you but the agree has no comments behind them and the comments don't show in the other skins.:(

Aug 8, 2010, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckynut View Post
    Everyone has skeletons in their closet, if she knew all yours what would she think about you? So I would just keep that in the back of your mind. You haven't said what the info was, so all I can assume is its pretty bad. Everyone has done things they are not proud of, and that's what makes the people they are today. And before you found this out you loved her, just the way she was. Nobody is prefect, I would talk this over with her if she meant the much to you, How do you know the info you found out is true without asking her. Good Luck but I would talk to her first, if you ever loved her in the first place. Listen to her with an open heart it might bring you closer!
    Well the info is pretty bad from my point of view and my believes. And the info is true cause I'v talked to her about it everything I know is because I'v gotten her to tell me one way or another
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 05:00 AM

I suppose it depends on what the situation was and whether it is something you feel so strongly about that it could be a deal breaker for you.

Could it be something she has changed since that time? Perhaps it is something she regrets and would never be involved in given the person she is today.

As the others have said, most people have things in their past they would not do again or want anyone to really know about. It might have been a stupid mistake in judgement, it may have been a different way of thinking at the time.

Only you can decide whether you feel it is something you can get passed with good communication between the two of you.

It may not be easy, it will probably come to mind from time to time, but hopefully, if you want to continue seeing her and since your relationship is new, you will learn more about her, what she believes, what she values, and who she is today. You will know soon enough if it is a relationship you will want to continue or if you will need to move on.

Aug 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    I suppose it depends on what the situation was and whether or not it is something you feel so strongly about that it could be a deal breaker for you.

Could it be something she has changed since that time? Perhaps it is something she regrets and would never be involved in given the person she is today.

As the others have said, most people have things in their past they would not do again or want anyone to really know about. It might have been a stupid mistake in judgement, it may have been a different way of thinking at the time.

Only you can decide whether or not you feel it is something you can get passed with good communication between the two of you.

It may not be easy, it will probably come to mind from time to time, but hopefully, if you want to continue seeing her and since your relationship is new, you will learn more about her, what she believes, what she values, and who she is today. You will know soon enough if it is a relationship you will want to continue or if you will need to move on.
    Thank U all So much for Ur advice. Believe it or not U have helped me a lot Thank U and God Bless U all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not sure why this bothers me. [ 2 Answers ]

Recently, I have been trying to be more spiritual and christian like, although I don't necessarily "feel it" per se, but there was a recent point in time where due to a bad breakup I had, (and my depression) some of my friends who are 'spiritual" were encouraging me to jump on the bandwagon. ...

This really bothers me [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I've started exploring the basics of Buddhism and I've got a question that bothers me a lot. The purpose of every soul is to end the cycle of reincarnating and obtain nirvana through mediation or other means. If one accomplishes that and stops the eternal cycle of reincarnating, he...

Girlfriend said something that bothers me [ 23 Answers ]

We have been dating almost a year now. When we first started dating, she admitted that she had a crush on me years ago because I never chased her around (like most guys do). I have dated a decent amount of people, but this is my first proper relationship (not long distance, longer than a few...

Here is something unexplained that really bothers me and I don't know what it is. [ 1 Answers ]

There are many things I do not understand that happen to me. I have gone through several experiences that I do not talk about because I feel I am going insane. One of these however, seems to have to do with a lot of the things that are happening. In this I will give as much information about...

View more questions Search