Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toshiniru Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 10:52 PM
    This is a case about Authorship rider. Is this permissible/allowable or not?
    You are a senior professor who mentored a younger colleague who is coming up for tenure and promotion next year. One of the requirements before a faculty can be promoted and/or tenured is a research paper. The colleague had assisted you with some suggestions on a research project, but was not sufficiently involved in the project to warrant co-authorship. In your view, the colleague clearly deserves tenure and promotion, but you know that last year a key committee turned down an equally deserving candidate because the candidate did not meet the research paper requirements. Thinking that this deserving candidate might not get the tenure, you offer to add the colleague's name to yours at the end of two articles about to be submitted for publications. Is this deception permissible?
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Aug 7, 2010, 11:20 PM

No. It is not fair to another professor who may actually do his/her own research paper without assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allowable Social Security Income [ 8 Answers ]

I need to know what the total income for 2009 will be allowed by Social Security. This is the amount a person can earn and not have to pay any back out of their social security earnings.

Is love permissible in islam [ 0 Answers ]

Assalamualaikum... My sister loves a muslim boy... but my parents are against it... Now they are compelling her to marry another person.. can she marry him?

Allowable fundraiser [ 1 Answers ]

A small local organization has asked our 501C3 organization to join in the publication of a business directory listing members of both organizations that are small business owners. Businesses would pay to be listed. Is this a permissible activity for a charity?

View more questions Search