Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 12:25 AM
    Old debt
    Is it better to settle old debt or let them slowly fade away and just concetrate on keeping present debt current?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2006, 10:48 PM
    Your FICO score is made up more on how you pay your current debt than your old debt.

So make sure you keep up to date with the current stuff.

As for the old stuff…

Eventually they will most likely sue you for it before the SOL runs out.

If you can pay your old debt as well, you should pay it. Make sure you pay your current debt as well.

However, look at the interest rate you are paying on the old debt. If it is really high you might want to consider getting a lower interest rate for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt [ 10 Answers ]

I have a debt that is 9 years old that just popped up the original company wrote it off they said the company collecting bought the debt. This is the first that I have seen on this debt in 9 years. Do I have to pay this debt to the company that bought this since the statues of limitations are...

How much Debt? [ 2 Answers ]

How much debt is the US government in?? :confused:

His debt or Ours? [ 2 Answers ]

Prior to getting married, "Dave", bought a house in Missouri. Then we got married in Missouri and have since relocated to Louisiana. If we quit paying on the loan -- will that go against my credit rating or just Dave's?

Who's Debt Is It? [ 3 Answers ]

My -H- and I were married for 21 years. During 99.9% of that time, I didn't work outside the home at his insistance! In fact, he threatened, several times, to divorce me if I got a job due to his fanatical belief in children needing a parent at home and his distrust of day-care. Three years ago,...

Old debt [ 1 Answers ]

I had an old credit card debt from 1999, someone apparently bought my debt and now is suing me in county court what can I do am I legally bound to pay this I am not even sure that I paid it before

View more questions Search