Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milusos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 08:40 PM
    How can I know if I have a septic tank in my home?
    The drain pipe at my house is clogged around 10 feet away from the house, outside (on the patio)my neighbor says that it must be that the septic tank is full?I have about 35years living here ,and I never heard that I had a septic tank .My father own this house since 1945.wich she says that she had to remove hers in 1965 when she moved in,and that it looks like the rest of the houses had them removed.how can I find out if my house has one (wich I doubt)I live in san diego ca, zip code 92113
    Perry525 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2010, 12:12 PM
    As you are close to the centre of town and only have a small yard, it is unlikely that you have a septic and drain field. Drain fields take up a fair bit of space.
    However, it is an old property.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2010, 12:32 PM

Look at your water bill, do they charge you for sewer? If not, you probably have a septic. However, I can't imagine a septic tank lasting that long without being pumped. OR, call the water and sewer utility, give them the address and they should be able to tell you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic Leach Bed Leaks Back into Septic Tank [ 15 Answers ]

Every time we get a heavy rain I get water coming from the leach bed back into the septic tank. Is there a check valve that can be installed to prevent this from happening or any other suggestions? I have been told that a curtain drain would help, but that is costly.

Septic Tank [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a house 2 years ago that was approximately 2 years old. It has a septic tank. Lately I've been smelling an odor in my master bathroom (stronger in the morning) and now I'm starting to smell it in my master bedroom. The master bedroom and bath are on the opposite side of the house from...

I need a diagram or schematic for building a home septic tank. [ 4 Answers ]

We recently retired and bought a small coffee farm in Nicaragua. We are planning to build a house within the next year but need to put a septic system in first. I have been unable to find good plans for the construction of the tank/system. Does anyone have or know of a source for good diagrams...

How close to a concrete septic tank & chamber septic field can I build a fence? [ 6 Answers ]

We want to build a chain link fence around our septic field in the back yard. The field consisits of the septic tank, main distribution line, and 10 chamber style leach lines, each 100 linear feet long, spaced at ten foot intervals. I need to know how close to the tank and chambers I can put the...

Septic tank order control products, or home remedy [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the best place to buy Dioxide septic tank order control products, or any other product or home remedy that will work. Thanks Ron

View more questions Search