Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicoman Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 07:14 PM
    I have a1990 honda civic dx no fire to the fuel pump or relay
    I'm not getting electrical fire to the fuel pump or main relay changed relay,fuel pump,switch,main injector,ecu unit also change fuel filter. Chnged these things after it stopped on me. Ecu unit gave 16 flashes the injector istarted from there until now I don't have power to almost anything.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 07:18 PM

Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Be very thorough, since it will save a lot of time and money. Particularly check the ACG (ALT) (S) fuse in the under dash fuse box. Also, clean the main ECM ground, located on the thermostat housing.
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 08:53 PM

Does the Check Engine Light stay on, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II)?

Aug 7, 2010, 09:06 PM

Tx greasemonkey; I checked everything I could no fire to injectors,map sensor,throttle sensor,t/a sensor.have fire in distributor,alt solenoid fuse good
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 09:09 PM

. Did all under hood and under dash fuses pass inspection, when tested with a test light or multimeter?

. Does the Check Engine Light stay on, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II)?

Aug 7, 2010, 09:15 PM

Txgeasemonkey I am a john 3;16 believer also and I believe in doing it myself but the word also say you receive not because you ask not,believe me I been going over and over with this I've done just about everything that I know to do.but I can't find a ground on manifold I have one from motor to body which I did take lose and clean

Aug 7, 2010, 09:23 PM

Ever since I had the car the engine has been on.last year I had to change the hold distributor,then the engine lite with off, then it started coming on again,I could just driving all of a sudden I would feel a hesitation and the lite would come back on.when I start the car again it would off and then do the same thing.
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2010, 07:24 AM

I'm still waiting for you to answer my two questions.

Sorry, but I'm now giving up on this thread.

Aug 8, 2010, 11:12 AM

Did check allunder hood and dash fuses and connections don't have fire to injectors,map,throttle. All fuses are good, engine check engine lite stays on.
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2010, 11:18 AM

Since the Check Engine Light stays on, the problem is with the ACG (ALT) (S) fuse, in the under dash fuse/relay box; ECM (perform the K-Test, below); main relay; or the ignition switch. Perform tests in that order.

The K-Test: Remove the MAP Sensor connector and turn the ignition switch to ON (Position II). Using a multimeter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it’s probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt. To me, the K-Test is simple, elegant, and accurate.
    steamboat5371 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2012, 09:37 PM
    Hi I have a similar problem with my 93 Dx. My fuel pump is getting no voltage, I changed my main relay, but it still gets no voltage. Is there anything else?
    Uber Member

May 8, 2012, 06:02 AM
    Steamboat, check all under dash and under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter. Also, if the CEL stays on when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), the ECM has likely failed and needs to be replaced (common problem).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No electrical fire to main relay or fuel pump on my 1990 honda civic dx [ 8 Answers ]

Just like the others one problem after the other my 1990 honda civic dx stopped on me changed fuel filter nothing heard pump kick off and on change pump nothing, check code 16 flashes the injectors change just the main one still would not start change main relay still will not start change switch...

1993 honda civic cx fuel pump relay replacement where is the relay [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the fuel pump relay located on a 93 honda civic cx 1.5

93 honda civic main relay / fuel pump [ 1 Answers ]

If a main relay is bad, is it possible to still hear all three clicks? After driving around just fine, I came home and parked the car. The next morning it would not start. Ive had a no start problem a couple times before like when running into a gas station then back out. Obvious sign of a main...

92 honda civic no fire no fuel-new relay! [ 3 Answers ]

92 honda civic won't start- replaced distributor, fuel pump, and main relay still nothing! If I jump the 5 & 7 terminals on the relay plug the pump will work but that's the only way it will but I still have no fire?? What could this be?? PLEASE HELP!!

89 Honda Civic-fuel pump-main relay [ 3 Answers ]

Have 89 Honda Civic with a carb. Car wouldn't start replaced main relay. However the fuel pump won't work from the main relay. So I bypassed the main relay for a temp solution. The main relay was brand new. I am looking for a permanent solution. Help! & Thanks

View more questions Search