Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ihave3dogs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 06:41 PM
    Craftsman mower cutting off and won't restart.
    New craftsman riding mower. Runs for 1o to 15 minutes then sounds like it is running out of gas (tank is full) then cuts off. Sometimes it will restart, sometimes it won't. Put new gas it it when purchased. Did this 1st time used and each time since. Same thing with the mower we brought before this one and returned. Does it with me or my husband. We have sat in seat properly.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 11:59 AM

Hi,
    The timeframe mentioned leads me to believe that it is fuel-related(it is consuming the fuel in the carb faster than it is refilling.) Trash in the carb or a clogged fuel filter are the most common culprits. Since no model is given, I do not know if a fuel pump is present.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding mower not cutting evenly and sometimes leaves parts untouched. [ 2 Answers ]

My craftsman riding mower doesn't seem to cut evenly and sometimes leaves portions untouched??

Craftsman riding mower not cutting evenly and sometimes leaves parts untouched. [ 0 Answers ]

My craftsman riding mower doesn't seem to cut evenly and sometimes leaves portions untouched??

Craftsman riding lawnmower cutting off in middle of cutting grass [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman Riding lawnmower is cutting off in middle of cutting grass and then start it back it will cut for awhile then do again. Does sound like it isn't getting gas. Can some on help.

Craftsman riding mower stopped cutting [ 2 Answers ]

Carftsman DGT 4000 with Kohler 27hp engine suddenly stopped cutting. I cleared all of the excess grass away from the belts. Mower starts and runs very well but will not engage the blades. Please help

View more questions Search