Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chucke Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 04:23 PM
    Toyota 4 runner no spark
    Hi, have a 93 4 runner ,6 cyl. All of a sudden won't start. Good fuel replaced igniter and coil ,also coil wire still no spark help please . Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 04:51 PM

You've done a lot of good things, in attempting to get your 4 runner started. Try testing all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Also, check for power to the distributor. Were any codes thrown?

Aug 7, 2010, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    You've done a lot of good things, in attempting to get your 4 runner started. Try testing all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Also, check for power to the distributor. Were any codes thrown?
    Ty I'll try that (fuses) how do you check power to the distributer? And codes??
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 05:11 PM

kitch428 is our factory trained Toyota expert. He will undoubtedly see this posting soon and he will be able to tell you how to check for codes and give you his advice.

Take a multimeter and check for power coming into the distributor. If there's none, check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

If the problem persists, there may be a problem with the distributor.

Aug 7, 2010, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    kitch428 is our factory trained Toyota expert. He will undoubtedly see this posting soon and he will be able to tell you how to check for codes and give you his advice.

Take a multimeter and check for power coming into the distributor. If there's none, check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

If the problem persists, there may be a problem with the distributor.
    OK ,thanks again Tx
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 05:35 PM

Be very thorough in checking the fuses, since it will save a lot of time and money. Many people mistakenly blow through this process.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 05:51 PM

Yes, an inexpensive test light is a great tool. Connect it to the negative terminal and go across each fuse. A mutimeter even better.
    Do you have a check engine light with key on?
    The EFI fuse under the hood is bad if it won't come on. There could be EFI problems. We'll diagnose those later.

Aug 7, 2010, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch428 View Post
    yes, an inexpensive test light is a great tool. Connect it to the neg terminal and go across each fuse. A mutimeter even better.
    Do you have a check engine light with key on?
    The EFI fuse under the hood is bad if it won't come on. There could be EFI problems. We'll diagnose those later.
    Cool ,thanks I'll go get a meter tomorrow . Oh you the check engine light is always on after the heads were redone. Was told it probably has to do with the emissions... not sure. Thanks again, talk after the fuse check
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 06:52 PM

If you want to go budget, a $2.99 test light from Harbor Freight will work. They also sell very inexpensive multimeters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota camry no spark [ 2 Answers ]

Started fine reversed and went strait from R to D with out coming to complete stop.car died will not start. Car not getting spark fuses are good and rotor button still spins.were to start??

Toyota 4 runner brakes [ 3 Answers ]

I changed the master in my 1997 toyota 4 runner and bleed the brakes and master cyclider and the brake petal still is soft when I brake please help!

1994 toyota 4-runner 3.0 v-6 [ 2 Answers ]

While driving around 50-55 mph the engine has a miss, and sometimes while idleing. I already tried fuel treatment and new plugs,oil changing. The engine does not loose any water or use any oil. Where should I start looking.:eek:

2000 toyota pre-runner oxygen sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Where exactly is it located

View more questions Search