Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Theodosia Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 02:54 PM
    Firefox toolbar missing
    In Firefox, I did View=>Toolbars, and UNchecked the box for the main toolbar -- the one that lets you File, Edit, View, Bookmarks, etc.

Now I do not know how to make that toolbar visible again.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 02:57 PM

Go to the top of your screen where the toolbar would normally be (the beige area or whatever color you set it for), RIGHT CLICK to get a short list of options that show up in a small window, and check whichever menu items you want.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 03:18 PM

Did that work??

Aug 7, 2010, 03:53 PM
    No, it didn't. I get a window w/ Tab options, but nothing about bookmarks when I do it on the Firefox tab, and Restore, Minimize, Maximize, Move, Size, and Close on the Firefox bar. But thanks for trying. 8^)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 03:58 PM
    Right-click just above the location bar (where web addresses appear), you should get the menu as mentioned by Wondergirl. Here's a screen shot:

Name:  ff.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  50.3 KB
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodosia View Post
    No, it didn't. I get a window w/ Tab options, but nothing about bookmarks when I do it on the Firefox tab, and Restore, Minimize, Maximize, Move, Size, and Close on the Firefox bar. But thanks for trying. 8^)
    Did you try right-clicking in various places at the top of your screen? I get that tab thing too when I right-click in the row where tabs show up. Try higher up. Do you still have the Navigation and/or Bookmarks toolbar showing? Click in that row.

Aug 7, 2010, 04:11 PM

@NeedKarma -- I can't tell where you mean. I have tried clicking on every bar that is at the top of my screen, and I do not get that window. All I get is the one with Restore, Minimize, Maximize, Move, Size, and Close.

@Wondergirl -- yes, I've tried clicking in almost every spot available on all bars. No, I don't have the Navigation toolbar -- that is the one I'm trying to get back.
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 04:15 PM
    LOL! I found a sure fire way:
    Press the "Alt" to view a hidden Menu bar then select View > Toolbars

Aug 7, 2010, 04:20 PM

GOD BLESS YOU!! YOU, YOUR CHILDREN (IF ANY), YOUR PETS, YOUR PARENTS, EVERYONE YOU EVER MET...
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 04:38 PM
    I'm glad you're happy. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    LOL! I found a sure fire way:
    press the "Alt" to view a hidden Menu bar then select View > Toolbars
    I'll have to remember that since this question comes up every now and then. Make a sticky?

Aug 7, 2010, 05:19 PM

LOL! I know, that may have seemed a little over the top, but I've been frustrated by it for HOURS & HOURS & HOURS! You are a life-saver!
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 05:29 PM
    I guess I could whip an FAQ about Firefox as a sticky. Maybe in the next coming days, and I'll post it as a new "question" and the powers that be can make it a sticky if they wish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove incredimail toolbar from Firefox? [ 2 Answers ]

I have uninstalled incredimail from my computer, but still incredimail toolbar exists in Firefox, and I don't know how to remove it, please help. Thanks

Yahoo Toolbar Missing! [ 15 Answers ]

There was an software update for my HP printer so I updated, that's the only thing I did that was when I first turned on my computer so I don't know if the toolbar was still there or not but it's gone now! I checked TOOLS to see if I accidentally unchecked yahootoolbar in the list of tools but...

Missing file from AOL Toolbar [ 1 Answers ]

Went to delete AOL Toolbar, Now it says Missing File"file:///C:/Program%20Files/AOL%20Toolbar/welcome.html

Firefox toolbar customizaton: "flexible space" [ 1 Answers ]

Nothing in Help for the "flexible space"... I thought if I put one in there, I could stretch it to be as wide as I like... but it does not stretch. All it really is is a skinny space. What exactly is the flexible space and how do I use it? Thanks!

Firefox toolbar settings suddenly aren't "sticking" [ 5 Answers ]

For some reason, starting just yesterday, my toolbar settings are are lost every time I shut it down. I've not added any plugins or changed anything with FF. Weird. Any clues what could cause this? Thanks!

View more questions Search