Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jack24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 04:09 AM
    I hold a mortgage and promissory note on a house, must I file these?
    I have sold a business and hold a mortgage and a promissary note, but have not filed these. Do I need to file them?
    Jack24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 04:11 AM

I sold my business and took a Mortgage on the buyers house but did not file it. I also have a promissory note. Would I be able to take his house if he failed to pay me?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 05:23 AM
    You'll be able to foreclose if the buyer doesn't pay. But if the buyer gets a second mortgage and that lender has their mortgage recorded, and if the buyer doesn't pay them, then that lender will have priority over you in a foreclosure. You don't have to have the promissory note recorded to maintain your priority but you do need to have the mortgage recorded if you want to remain as the first lender.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we both file as head of house hold? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have a child, we live together, I am claiming the child this year. Can we both file as head of house hold? Does he also but the child down as a dependent under his name?

How can I hold a mortgage for a buyer for a house that I own outright? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I hold a mortgage for a buyer on a house I own outright?

How can I hold a mortgage for a buyer for a house that I own outright? [ 1 Answers ]

How ca I hold a mortgage for a buyer on a house I own outright?

How to execute a promissory note on a house [ 5 Answers ]

I have a signed promissory note for a house in which they refuse to make mortgage payments on. What can I do with the promissory note? Can I register it against the house so it will appear should they attempt to get another mortgage on the house? Can I put it on title? As stated within the...

Promissory Note [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, If a company on 12/31/05 discounts a promissory note of $30,000 at a bank. The note was created on 06/30/05 with a term of one year, and an interest rate of 8%. The bank's discount rate is 12%. How can I record this entry? I'm sort of confused with what rate to use here, thank...

View more questions Search