Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScootZilla Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2010, 03:39 AM
    Best friend died 2 years ago talking to his wife.
    Ok I know the topic sounds really bad it has been in my head then out.Well my best friend died 2 years ago known each other all our lifes.Welll long story short I seen her and she was a little drunk and lived another 15mins from her place I told her and her friend she could stay here cause my house was right across the street from the gas station.Well we talked all night kissed that night stopped and we both told each other it didn't feel right.Well over the next few days we hung out stayed with each other didn't have sex but did kiss.We asked every one what they thought of us dating and every 1 said as long as we are happy they would be fine with it.She text me all the time saying she can't get me off her mind and the same for her on my mind.

Ps also I never thought of her like this when she was with my friend just something that happened.Is it bad to feel this way and to go ahead with it *** lmk and thanks.
    RussianKiss Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2010, 06:38 AM

Well if he was your best friend and her husband than I think you both know if he would be hurt or angry with this. But on the other hand if you have already developed feelings for each other, I doubt you'll stop now anyway.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 06:51 AM

Not unusual for friends to have deep feelings for each other, especially if they have shared much together, for a long time. The question is what are those feelings, and are they a crush, or just a deep friendship.

I see nothing wrong with exploring those feelings, as long as you both agree, and go slow enough to see if its love, lust, or just extremely good friends.

Leave sex off the table, so you won't be confused by the physical, and nothing confuses our true feelings like sex, and booze. Stay away from both, until you figure it out, as nothing ruins good friendships like trying to make something from nothing, or mistaking drink induced attractions, for something bigger.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 7, 2010, 08:01 AM

If you're concerned because you are having feelings for you dead best friends partner, I would think if anything the best friend would be happy for the partner to find someone they can be happy with.

Just tread carefully this person may be seeking comfort more than a long term commitment.

Also leave alcohol out of it.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 08:16 AM

Just 2 days ago you were posting about your feelings with your ex, an ex you have 2 children with and whom you've seen very recently. The general response was to ler her go and work on your problems. You aren't ready to start a new relationship. You need time to heal from your 8 year long relationship. Your best friend's widow should not be pulled into this situation where she stands a good chance of being hurt. Deal with your problems and issues first.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 09:31 PM

Yeah, what kind of quick fix are you looking for?

The plot thickens.

Jump into some weird fantasy now that things aren't so good? Hurt someone else & yourself in the process?

You can go backwards.

"Deal with your problems and issues first."

Yup.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 09:45 PM

Don't even think about it till you're
    Over the ex. Frying pan into the fire.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 09:59 PM

Doesn't sound like you are standup guy. Or really want to except responsibility or anything else. Just the next thing that will help you stay in denial.

Ex w/ 2 kids?

Wouldn't want to be your "best" friend.

Time for some real help, not fishing.
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 10:03 PM

Some friend. Who needs enemies.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 02:03 PM
    Heal from the ex and make sure you are ready to move on to a new relationship. She needs to do the same thing.

I would be concerned that these feelings for your late friend's widow and her feelings for you are an attempt to hold on to someone who has passed away. Yes, even two years later.

How much has she dated in the past two years? How much of your discussions are about the past? How much discussion is there about the present?
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2010, 02:07 PM

Your feelings for your friend and her feeling for him may be the only thing that you have in common. Be careful.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2010, 02:33 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...fe-495097.html

With the new facts coming to light, the last thing you need is to use your best friends wife to stroke your ego, and make you feel better, no matter how willing she is. No doubt she knows of your problems at home with your ex family, but lets be real, do you want to start something with any one until you get over your own past hurts? I certainly hope not.

You better think about what you do about your situation, or you both get hurt on this one.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Aug 8, 2010, 03:04 PM

T-Man, I have to spread it but as usual, you are right on target. And, I really need to applaud Just Looking's great catch on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ScootZilla View Post
    If you really love someone with you heart,it can takes years to fall out of love with someone not 4 days.Me and my ex was together 8 years and been split 4 months and i still love her till this day.
    Aside from the question you have started about your ex, the above post was a response you gave to someone else 2 HOURS AFTER you created this new question that we are all responding to now.

As others have said in one way or another, leave your friend's wife alone. In reading your posts, all I have seen is you talking about wanting to get back with your ex, you dated quite a number of other women since the break up, and now you are thinking of getting involved with your deceased friend's wife while still proclaiming your love for your ex. Not once have I seen any information regarding your children other than mentioning you have two of them with your ex. You have spent A LOT of time on the computer talking about the ladies. You need to stop being so concerned about your love life and start focusing your attention on your responsibilities in life. Those two children you created need their father's attention. It should not be diverted by all these women. Man, you really need to get your head and your priorities straight. From where I am sitting I am seeing a very selfish and immature guy.
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2010, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Another_Lemming View Post
    T-Man, I have to spread it but as usual, you are right on target. And, I really need to applaud Just Looking's great catch on this thread.

Aside from the question you have started about your ex, the above post was a response you gave to someone else 2 HOURS AFTER you created this new question that we are all responding to now.

As others have said in one way or another, leave your friend's wife alone. In reading your posts, all I have seen is you talking about wanting to get back with your ex, you dated quite a number of other women since the break up, and now you are thinking of getting involved with your deceased friend's wife while still proclaiming your love for your ex. Not once have I seen any information regarding your children other than mentioning you have two of them with your ex. You have spent A LOT of time on the computer talking about the ladies. You need to stop being so concerned about your love life and start focusing your attention on your responsibilities in life. Those two children you created need their father's attention. It should not be diverted by all these women. Man, you really need to get your head and your priorities straight. From where I am sitting I am seeing a very selfish and immature guy.

Get your mind off this woman. You have children and you need to concentrate on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My first love x 20 years ago- broke my heart - tortured dreams - called me 1 week ago [ 18 Answers ]

Ok, really confused here and I am not sure why it even effects me still so badly (annoyed with that fact actually) To understand I have to tell a little story: 1. I was a kid in high school, from a small town with a crappy childhood and I fell hard for a guy that absolutely broke my heart...

Mom died 5 months ago [ 4 Answers ]

Well, my mom died on Sug 4th, 2008 of a massive heartattack. She seemed fine the night before when we had dinner with her. We left for a mini vacation with my 3 children and I got a call from why sister that my mom had a heart attack and died. From that moment on, I feel like my life is falling...

My boyfriend died 3 weeks ago. What do I do [ 8 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for two years and about 3 weeks ago he died. It was so sudden that I was just in so much shock. I thas finally hit me and I have no idea what to do. This is the worse feeling and I don't know how to make it stop. My dad died a year ago and he was there for me through...

My son died 14years ago [ 16 Answers ]

My son died 14years ago.is he OK,does ho know I love him,is he alone,is he happy.

My best friend Died 2 years ago today my girlfriend don't understan [ 7 Answers ]

My best friend Died 2 years ago today and my GF just don’t understand. She was my best this is really confusing and I hope you can understand this all my best friend died two years ago in trouble car accident and well the thing is I never met her. I know that sounds messed up but it’s the truth....

View more questions Search