Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iolanthe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 09:44 PM
    Travelling with Romany in Rumania playing fiddle. Book written probably in the 1930s
    This book is a classic, with black and white photos. He also wrote a book on the gypsies in Spain. I think he was either English or Irish.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 10:29 PM

Scholars and gypsies, an autobiography by Walter Starkie, 1894-1976, OCLC#367370.

Don Gypsy : adventures with a fiddle in Barbary, Andalusia and La Mancha by Walter Starkie, OCLC#1136072.

You can get either of these through your library. Give the librarian the OCLC number to expedite the ordering of it through interlibrary loan.
    iolanthe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Scholars and gypsies, an autobiography by Walter Starkie, 1894-1976, OCLC#367370.

Don Gypsy : adventures with a fiddle in Barbary, Andalusia and La Mancha by Walter Starkie, OCLC#1136072.

You can get either of these through your library. Give the librarian the OCLC number to expedite the ordering of it through interlibrary loan.
    Thank you Wondergirl... I lost these books in the 1950's and have been wondering about them ever since. Now I have a chance to replace them.
    Iolanthe
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iolanthe View Post
    Thank you Wondergirl... I lost these books in the 1950's and have been wondering about them ever since. Now I have a chance to replace them. Iolanthe
    You're very welcome! I used something called WorldCat and a variety of keywords. You had given me enough clues so I could determine Starkie was the author. It was a fun search! That's what we librarians love to do--to seek and to find!
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Aug 8, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    You did it again WG!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for name of fiction book about ants written as if ants had personalities. [ 1 Answers ]

I read a book in a high school library between 1996 and 2001. It was a fictional book about ants. It was written in the ants perspective and I believe they were in central park in a tree stump. At the end of the book the reader finds out that the ants can communicate to humans above ground with...

Fiddle and Violin [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between a fiddle and violin? Thanks

What were the causes for the growth of militarism in Japan in the 1930s [ 1 Answers ]

What were the causes for the growth of militarism in Japan in the 1930s

View more questions Search