Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keithrp12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 04:11 PM
    Right arm & hand numb/tingly/brain mri demyelination 2mm 8 mo ago
    Right arm/hand numbness/tingling for 4 days most of the day, had brain mri 8 mo ago that showed demeylination measuring 2mm in the left corona radiata, is this related?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 05:05 PM

The corona ratiata (CR) radiate to all parts of the cortex. The CR contains decussating motor tracts that could cause symptoms to the opposite side of the body. That does not mean that the ill-defined demyelination you site is the cause... Nor is it anything that should be guessed at. Given the previous finding, this could be serious. You should immediately notify the neurologist of these and any other symptoms that may emerge as soon as possible. It's very important to the course of your treatment.
    wauya Posts: 93, Reputation: -5

Oct 25, 2011, 08:41 AM
    Today I guess you already got the diagnosis.I answer your post,is not want to give you the diagnosis,just want as reference for people read this post.Base on your complaints and the MRI finding it strongly pointing to the disease call MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS.As MERCK MANUAL SAY;"A SLOWLY PROGRESSIVE cns disease characterizes by disseminal patches of demyelination in brain and spinal cord,resulting in multiple and varied neurologic symptoms and signs,usually with remissions and exacerbations".The etiology is not clear,possible due to autoimmune,slow virus causes.The symptoms could be various from mental change,motor,sensory and autonomic changes.The course,prognosis is highly varied and the treatment also.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2011, 12:10 PM
    This is from August 2010 and the person asking has never been back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numb hand [ 8 Answers ]

48 hours ago about I woke up in the middle of the night my arm had fallen asleep.. That's no big deal I did what I normally do I use my other hand to move the arm to a better location.. I did this then I accidentally hit the wrist of my numb arm and it felt extremely weird.. Since then I have small...

Numbness & tingling in right arm down to hand [ 3 Answers ]

I recently was re-finishing a cabinet with a lot of up and down arm movement. After about 2 weeks of continuosly doing this, I started experiencing severe pain in my right arm with numbness and tingling. I started seeing a Chiropractor and the pain has lessen, but I'm starting to experience pain...

Numb arm and fingers [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 41 year old male.. I get a pain in my left shoulder that is very painful.. it makes my arm go to sleep.. now my thumb, index finger and middle finger are numb all the time.. when the pain in my shoulder starts my shoulder blade pushes out a little.. the pain in my shoulder comes and goes...

View more questions Search