Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsky1981 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 05:44 AM
    Is wearing glasses all the time bad for you when you don't need to
    Hi I have started wearing glasses but the opticians said I don't need to wear them all the time but I like the way I look with them on and I can see better with them on, and I would like to know does anyone else wear them all the time even thow they don't need to.
    karensmonarch Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2010, 06:13 AM

Yeah, I've done that -- wear glasses because they look good, even though I don't need to.

The optometrist warns us not to wear our glasses all the time because our eyes will get used to them, and pretty soon we do have to wear glasses all the time because our eyesight really has diminished.
    So that's the risk you take. I did wear my glasses for a while (6-8 months or so) and eventually got tired of them. And my eyes were just fine. That was years ago, and I still don't need to wear glasses.

Of course, every case is different. Maybe it ends up that you do need to wear glasses all the time.
    (but if that's what you want... )
    mrsky1981 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2010, 07:29 AM

When people say 20/20 vision what's mine, my right eye is +1.00, -2.00, 95.0 and left is +0.50, -0.75, 70.0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you need to wear glasses all the time? [ 34 Answers ]

Ok, this is kind of a secret from my mum, I'm short sighted since for a long time now , and only my dad knows about it since yesterday. I can see things like close up, but stuff like writing on the whiteboard I can't see. (So yeah... I have bad eyes as you can say) So, having this year to be my...

Should I wear my glasses full time like the optomitrist recommends? [ 5 Answers ]

I just got glasses for the first time the on Thursday and my prescription is low I have myopia and astigmatism in both eyes my one eye is -0.25 myopia and -0.75 astigmatism and the other eye is -0.50 myopia and -0.75 astigmatism and I was told to wear them full time even on the comp even though I...

When ask for time is always a bad sign? [ 5 Answers ]

Threads merged I very stressed and having a very bad temper and I don`t want to run from my relationship but I don't want to hurt her? what should we do? I've been with my boyfriend for three months. The other day I got angry and I turned my back to him while we slept. Now he is very...

Does liquor go bad over time [ 2 Answers ]

Does liquor ever go bad.

Needs time to himself-is this bad? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with my wonderful boyfriend for 3 years now. We've had our issues due to him being a little scared of commitment in the beginning (mostly because he's never had a live-in girlfriend and the longest relationship for him was 2 years in high school) and me having PMDD-this has caused turmoil...

View more questions Search