Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mphin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 03:40 PM
    Can't move on from ex
    I dated a girl for over a year that was very non committal. We got along great and I really liked, maybe loved her. She put up a lot of boundaries and never really let me in, however when she needed me I was there. I helped, listened and advised her for every major problem, catastrophe in her life. From the small to the very serious and yet she went on dates that she thinks I don't know about. Never introduced me to her friends. Parents either. She put everyone else, including her ex boyfriend before me and played some serious headgames with me.
    In the end she got a new job, which I supported her with the confidence. The job was a major theme in our relationship and when she got it after being frustrated with her old job, she dumped me. She told me it was to be alone and she couldn't be with anyone. Come to find out she started in right away with a guy at her job which all seems very "convenient" to me. She doesn't know I know and when I asked her, she lied some more.
    I haven't spoken to her and sent her stuff back to her. I feel lied to and used somewhat and yet am having trouble moving on. As much as I am mad, I still miss her and can't stop thinking about her. I wonder she cares about me or has any guilt. Should I tell her I know and how do I move on from this? Closure? Just go through it? Help please.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2006, 04:18 PM
    Sounds to me like this girl used you mate. Sorry, but I don't really know why you would want to be with her if she treated you the way you describe here.

Sounds like it was a bit of one way relationship.

I wouldn't talk to her. What are you going to get from that? Nothing but more pain.

I keep hearing this word closure. What is closure? You never get closure.

Don't mean to sound harsh but ill give you all the closure you need. This girl broke up with you, meaning she doesn't want to have anything do to with you now.

She didn't treat you all that nice so you should be thankful that you are out of it now and able to move on and live a happy life with someone who loves you for you!

How do you move on?

Don't contact her! Stay away. Completely remove her from your life. No calls, no emails, no text, no my space etc. Got that?

Occupy your mind with other things. Join a gym, run, workout, further education, work hard at your job etc. Throw yourself into the other aspects of your life and concentrate on making yoursefl happy.

You're the No. 1 priority now. Do things you want to do. Hang with your buddies.

It is hard, we all know that, but give it time and do the right things as I have suggested above and soon enough you will find yourself happy not to be with such a person.

And once you get to that point I bet someone magical pops into your life and you will then now what a relationship is really about!

Good luck!
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Dec 20, 2006, 06:03 AM
    I do agree with Skell, it is hard though to take it on board that your ex doesn't want anything to do with you. I find this. You just want to know why etc. Best thing you can do is try to just make a better life for yourself, as Skell says get some things to focus on. Having said this, there will be bad times, it will take time. She sounds like she wasn't good enough for you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 20, 2006, 06:19 AM
    It seems you had invested a whole lot more than she did. Accept you where a good person, who did there best, and move on with your life. You have learned a valuable lesson here so don't forget it. There is someone who will appreciate who you are , but first you must move on.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2006, 06:29 AM
    She's a liar, a cheater and a user. She lied to you, cheated on you, and used you. She did you a big favor to cut you loose. Thank her for it, move on, and next time have enough self-respect not to allow yourself to be treated like that. Being a doormat for a user doesn't convince them to treat you better, it confirms their contempt for you and perpetuates their behavior.
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Dec 21, 2006, 01:43 AM
    All the replies given here are spot on.

but I can understand your feelings. I have recently parted from someone who treated me badly.

I think the thing that is preventing you from moving on, is the fact that you cannot come to terms with how she can treat you like this! How hurt you are and more importantly how little your time together meant to her !

If you knew she was hurting then it would be easier to deal with and move on.

To Sum It Up... YOUR MALE PRIDE HAS BEEN HURT!.
    jophil123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 03:38 AM
    You got PLAYED - just try to find someone else who appreciates your kindness. You fell for a . We all do it at least one time .J.
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Dec 21, 2006, 03:47 AM
    Yeah I can relate to that. I hurts my male pride, to have been used. I gave her the romance, meals, nights out etc. Now she does not speak to me !

I am angry at this and want her to hurt as much as she has hurt me, but that's just emotions talking.

---- I think the key here is to go very slowly in a new relationship, don't get caught up in the emotions. Let your head listen to your heart, but it should rule your heart.
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 21, 2006, 03:59 AM
    This same sort of thing happened to my husband. Before we married, he was with a woman who basically brought him through the mud. He found closure when he met me. Although, that same woman came knocking on OUR door 5 years later to apologize to him. I was worried as all get out! I knew how much her had cared about her in the past. I felt threatened. But I gave him the support he needed. And I provided her time to explain things to him and apologize. In the end, it made him a much better person. He realized that the experience made him a better man. She released him and hurt him from a bad relationship, so possibly he could find me! Today, as hard as it was for me at the time, I am so happy that I loved him enough to sacrifice my own insecurities about his past love interest. I am very grateful for her telling him that she was sorry for her behavior and that she regreted hurting him. I even think he became a little cocky about it. Which sort of made him even more cute to me in the long haul. Because in the end, it was her loss and my gain! I have a great one! And I am holding on for dear life!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need to move on [ 9 Answers ]

Well I'm 15 years old and I recently dated a 17 year old. We "dated" for about 3-4 weeks then he said he was going to ask me out everyday of the last week of school. Then summer came and he never asked me out he said he was too busy and wouldn't have enough time to be with me. Well that was fine...

I can't seem to move on. [ 20 Answers ]

This is my first time posting here so apologies if this is too long winded but I really need impartial advice over something that is ruining my life. Myboyfriend and I broke up over two years ago after dating for 7 years. We were friends for a long time before we started dating so I have spent...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

I can't get my EX to move on [ 4 Answers ]

My EX keeps talking to me about working things out. She pukes at the idea of me being with a new girl. She has a new Boy friend I tell her be with him she tells me I want you. If I iqnore her then she seems to try harder. This has been the worst break up ever. I am having trouble letting her go. I...

Can't move on! [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend finished with me around 2 months ago. He has a new girlfriend now but I can not seem to move on. I have not been chasing him or trying to contact him or trying to get him back or anything. Its just I cannot seem to move on. Any advice?

View more questions Search