Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubba55 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2010, 05:33 PM
    2003 corolla, a/c blowing hot- a/c light not blinking
    We are going to change the a/c mag clutch relay tomorrow, but since the a/c light is not blinking, not sure if this will fix it or not. No visible damage to anything, and does not seem to have leaked freon. Any other ideas?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 05:40 PM

Spot on diagnosis! You'll be cooling by tomorrow.

kitch428

Aug 5, 2010, 05:44 PM

I am in Phoenix, AZ and it is HOT here, so I sure hope you are right. Thanks!

Aug 6, 2010, 08:23 PM
    2003 corolla-a/c blowing hot, replaced mag clutch relay-no go
    Anyone have any idea what else I can check for? We already checked the freon, husband learned the hard way that it is in there. Replaced the mag clutch relay- still blowing hot. Anyone have any idea what to check next?

Aug 6, 2010, 08:30 PM
    Hey there- replaced the relay, no go. Any advice on what we can check next? I would like to get this figured out this weekend. Thanks!
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 02:07 PM

Ok, we may have to start from the beginning. So, I'm thinking there was never any pressure gauges connected to tell me what equalized pressure we have with the system off.

I know from what you're saying that he must have pressed a service port and got a face full of refrigerant, right?
    I'm assuming that the correct relay location was found and the one that said "MG CLT" was the one that was replaced with the correct updated part number.

This next test will require 2 people. One to start the car, then turn on the A/C.
    When the ac switch lights up... now the second person standing over the right front looking down at the compressor clutch,
    Do you see the clutch start spinning? That's the one just in front of the belt just so we're on the same page.

If it doesn't, then the compressor clutch was not shimmed correctly, getting it's proper power, (like not plugged in?) or the compressor is bad. (living where you live needing ac 365 days a year makes sense here)

Aug 7, 2010, 04:31 PM

I guess there is an electrical problem, which is over our heads. Having someone else look at the electrical tonight, hoping he can find the short and figure this out. Thanks again for your replies, I definitely appreciate it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC hot air, light blinking [ 22 Answers ]

The AC in my toyota camry starts blinking, and the air is hot. This only happens occasionally, and then all is well and AC works just fine!

Diagnosing 2003 Corolla A/C Blows Hot Air [ 1 Answers ]

The past couple of weeks, the A/C in my Toyota Corolla (approximately 92,000 miles) has fluctuated from blowing cold a/c to blowing hot air. There doesn't seem to be any leaks; how do I check freon levels? Add more if needed? If the freon level is fine, and the relay switch is OK, what else could...

2003 toyota corolla a /c [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I have this a/a problem Sometimes cold Sometimes its not cold Sometimes the clutch works Sometimes its not working Any one help Email me if you can help me out [email protected]

2003 toyota corolla a/c blowing hot air [ 5 Answers ]

a/c is blowing hot air. Changed the clutch last week, worked fine until today which is one week later. What else could be the problem? Could it be the relay? Help!!

2003 toyota corolla [ 3 Answers ]

:D hello. any idea what the problem could be if the radio went out on my car and I thought it was the fuse and now the car starts fine, but the radio, clock, airconditioner, clock, power windows, nor the shift lock will work? 2003 toyota corolla

View more questions Search