Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigg9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 11:00 AM
    Confusing Signature possibly historic
    I have a painting signed Brodhead. Now for those that know Quita Brodhead was a well known artist. However after the 1950 she stopped singing brodhead and signed Quita. I am not sure if this is her signature or perhaps there was another Brodhead. All help would be very much appreciated.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 03:03 AM

Do you know how old the picture is?
    bigg9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 03:55 PM
    Signed in 53
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 10:56 AM

You might already have thought of this, but have you talked to a professional about it... because if she changed her signature in the 50s it might still be her... but a professional can help you with details such as:

Seeing if it is authentic and if it was made by her or somebody else. (they might know of someone who has the same last name... and if the signature matches her previeous signatures.)

Does the picture look like it could be made by her though?

(style, brush strokes, motive)

Hope this was of some help!
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Aug 10, 2010, 04:16 PM

Talk to a professional. I have two paintings signed by Lee Reynolds. Or so I thought - it was his apparent signature. About a month ago, after trying to track him down and the authenticty of the paintings, I found out, through his nephew, that the paintings were done by Reynolds' students and they signed his name to them.

So check. Please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Historic Property Values [ 1 Answers ]

How would I go about finding the evaluation of a property back in January of 2009? My brother and I inherited a property back then, rented it for awhile and sold it this year. Need to know the past evaluation for tax purposes.

Historic events [ 2 Answers ]

What are the important historic and political events of India and its neighbouring countries in 2006, 2007 2008?

A Historic Day [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, Just in case anyone out there was familiar with this issue or indeed just interested in world news, today was a very historic day in Australia. After years of politicking the Federal Government apologised to our indigenous people for past mistreatments and in particular to the...

Rewiring in historic house [ 2 Answers ]

I have plaster walls with lathe backing. In historic district so conduit that shows won't work, need to install new wiring and outlet boxes because upgrading service to today's standards and eliminating knob and tube wiring. Need help with installing wiring and boxes for outlets in the plaster...

Historic dress in Milan, Italy [ 1 Answers ]

Im searching for sketches of children's clothing in Milan, Italy around 1820. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search