Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Camie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 01:00 PM
    Tipping
    Should I tip the guy installing carpet at my house. If so, how much? He doesn't own the business, he's the installer for the company from which I purchased the carpet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2006, 01:08 PM
    I would say no, he is either a contract or employee of the carpet company most likely making more money a hour than you are.
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Dec 19, 2006, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Camie
    Should I tip the guy installing carpet at my house. If so, how much? He doesn't own the business, he's the installer for the company from which I purchased the carpet.
    I usually try to tip someone who is doing physical work for me (installers, fixers, etc.). But I think I do it more for myself since I have seen them at work and I tip if I felt they did their job well.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2006, 08:37 PM
    If he's not the owner and he does a good job then I'd give him a little something, say $20.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 21, 2006, 10:07 PM
    Any time physical labor in particular is involved I would always try to tip someone. I don't know about installing carpet, but I worked off and on as a professional mover for almost a decade, and we made a heck of a lot less than most people would assume, the same with landscaping. Twenty dollars is a very respectable tip, and such was always truly appreciated. It never hurts to be a bit kinder than is perhaps necessary. :)
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Mar 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
    If you think he did a prompt good job I would tip.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 16, 2007, 05:45 PM
    NO, trust me you tip them in the price you pay to have it installed... you could offer the person something to drink during the time (soft drinks only)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tipping etiquette [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I went to a hair salon and had my hair straightened.. I paid $300 plus $70 tip.. 3 days later my hair was wavy again so I had the stylist re-do it . She didn't charge me for the service again but she did charge me for the hair supplies which came to $25.00. Should I have tipped...

Yellow tipping [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me what yellow tipping means?

Tipping : Sushi bar [ 3 Answers ]

Good morning everyone, I have a question about tipping. As I am from Western Europe, the " tipping culture" is rather strange to me now that I live in the US. But I've managed to understand the minimum of it ( waitress, hairdresser.. ) My problem is about Sushi bars. I love sushis, and I love...

View more questions Search