Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetcake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2003, 08:05 PM
    Biology
    All of the following animal cells are diploid except one gametic, muscles, nerve, skin, reproductive organ?
    QQapple Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Sep 10, 2003, 09:24 AM
    biology
    READ your biology text!

Hint - first read the definitions for

Diploid cells
    Gametic cells
    Muscle cells
    Skin cells
    Nerve cells
    Reproductive organ

And then, search for each of those terms in you text book(through index) and... READ the relevant sections of text

Ask your teacher if you atill have trouble
    baoloa Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2004, 11:48 PM
    biology
    Hi,

It's a while since this question was posted - but in case anyone is still hoping for a *useful* reply...

First look at the word "diploid"...
    It is di-ploid I.e. "two-ploid"

The opposite, a bit confusingly is haploid, or "half-ploid" ("ploid" is a greek word meaning "form"), and in this particular case is referring to the form of the DNA in the cell. So some cells have two forms, and some have one... So what is it? It is either two forms of DNA or one form of DNA - specifically the cell has either one copy of each chromosome, or two copies of each chromosome. The diploid cell has two copies, and the haploid cell one copy. So your gametes have only one copy of each chromosome, in that they are the reproductive cells (sperm and eggs) - for more you really will have to read your text book!

Paul

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Component present in every part of a loop [ 26 Answers ]

What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one that involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugars?

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

1. What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one That involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar? A. Raw materials C. Energy absorption B. Energy release D. Information 2. If you’re using an up-to-date light microscope to examine animal Cells, you won’t be able...

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

According to my hypothesis, bacteria that lived millions of years ago communicated by their body language. In scientific terms, the main problem with my hypothesis is that?

BS in biology? [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of careers can I get with a BS in biology and I minor in health education, in the health care field?:confused:

View more questions Search