Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJPINSKY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 03:39 PM
    Replace lid switch on whirlpool washing machine model # LSQ9010PW2
    Washer stopped working. Will fill up but does nothing after that. I was told it is most likely the lid switch so I replaced the lid switch and that did not fix the problem. No matter what setting I use (other than fill), nothing happens -- no noise, no action, nothing. Tried opening and closing the lid -- no help. What do I try next, other than a new washer.
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 8, 2010, 12:42 PM

Are you sure the lid switch is being depressed sometimes it gets bent down a little and doesn't depress enough to close the contacts.you could just bypass the switch by jumper the two wires together.otherwise it could be the timer good luck hope this helped please rate my answer thanks
    MJPINSKY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 07:57 PM
    Actually, I had to get a repair man down. I turns out that the lid switch was installed properly BUT it has to be installed with the lid UP or when the lid is closed it doesn't push on the switch properly. (I installed it with the lid down and it seemed to go together seemlessly). It took him less than one minute so I was lucky that he only charged me the visit charge and no labor or time charges). The washer is working fine now. I hope this tiny bit of info helps others who may have had the same problem after installing a new switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I replace the tension spring in my frigidaire washing machine, model fws845gcs [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the tension spring on my frigidaire washing machine, model fws845gcs I have the new spring, but can't see how to get the old one out.

Whirlpool LSQ9010PW2 won't agitate, spin or drain. Lid switch is good [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool top load LSQ9010PW2 fills, won't agitate, spin or drain. Makes humming noise and electrical burning smell then humming noise stops. A small click sound then the humming starts again.

Open top of washing machine (not lid) [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot get the top of my Sears Kenmore 300 washing machine to open. It isn't the lid. I need to raise the top to check for something interferring with the water going into the tub. Most washing tops have a thing on each side to push in and pop up the top. This one just sits there. Nothing...

Washing Machine Lid Removal [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the cover of my Kenmore 90 Series Washingmachine to replace the lid switch? It has a lead cable about 18inches long on it so I assume I will have to pull part of the back off also but I cannot see how to lift the top (no visible scews) Please advise.

View more questions Search