Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aquarius5852 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 03:11 PM
    How to increase pressure in supply line after addition of tee in line(05
    I added an outdoor frostfree water valve to the cold water supply line by teeing it in. The supply lines is .5 inch copper pipe as is the added line and fittings. The water source is a well. The water pressure seems to have dropped a lot even when using only one faucet at a time. The added line is about 4.5 feet long. Do I have to increase the pressure at the well pump? Thank you.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 05:31 AM

The adding of 4 feet of pipe with valve would not effect pressure unless it is leaking. Check the new installation and valve to see if u are losing water.

The losing of pressure is usually a problem with pressure tank. Check to see if u have air in tank. If u get water out of air valve, u have a broken bladder and need to replace tank.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 5, 2010, 05:40 AM

What's the PSI at the pump? What's the control box setting?
    Let
    S check the bladder tank.
    To check, take something metal and start rapping at the bottom of the tank and work upwards. You will hear a "clunk" in the bottom half full of water. On the upper half you should hear a "clink" because the upper half should have nothing but air in it. IF the sound doesn't change or changes close to to tank top then the bladder tank must be replaced. Your air setting on the tank should be 2 pounds UNDER the cut in point in the pressure control box. If your pressure control has a 20 PSI cut in and 40 PSI cut out the tank pressure should read 18 PSI. The bladder tank setting MUST be made with the pump off and the system bled down by opening a cold water faucet after you shut the system down at the breaker box. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use braided stainless hose as a supply to my well pressure tank's brass tee? [ 0 Answers ]

Replacing an old standard style 30 gallon well pressure tank with a Flotec 36 gallon bladder tank (82gal. equiv.) Because of the location of the pipe fitting coming out of the concrete floor not matching up with the new tank fitting, it seems it would be easier to use a flexible braided stainless...

Constructing addition on property line [ 11 Answers ]

This question might be too specific for this forum, but I am hoping someone can help. My wife and I are in the planning stages of an addition to our DC rowhouse. We have check with the zoning office and with the permitting folks and our plans are fine by their standards. Indeed, we are allow...

Supply line won't stop running. Main water supply off [ 3 Answers ]

I was doing some bathroom remodeling and attempted to remove an old supply valve. It would not budge so I decided to cut the copper tubing underneath it and put on a new shutoff valve with a compression fitting. The problem is that water just kept coming out of that supply line. The main water...

Wiring for 2 line phone addition. [ 1 Answers ]

I have office phones that are connected to 4 lines. I want to add a cord-cordless 2 line phone. When I connect the new 2 line phone to the old jacks, I get no dial tone. Opening the jack I found 8 wires. Which colors do I connect to the standard 2 line jack of red/green and yellow/black? The 8...

View more questions Search