Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adtucker22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 03:09 PM
    Biology question
    •If oxygen is lacking, how might cells meet their energy needs through fermentation? Explain and give some examples of cells that can do this.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Aug 4, 2010, 03:14 PM

Ad, if you read the site rules you would know that we are not allowed to answer homework questions. Sorry.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 01:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adtucker22 View Post
    •If oxygen is lacking, how might cells meet their energy needs through fermentation? Explain and give some examples of cells that can do this.
    This is for you to answer. Tell us what you came up with, we'll help you make your answer better if possible :)
    dfryer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 07:24 AM

You discover a new element mimionium which has 400 protons and 401 neutrons. You predict that the atomic form of Mimionium will hav____ electrons and that the negatively charged ion will have _____ electrons
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dfryer View Post
    you discover a new element mimionium which has 400 protons and 401 neutrons. You predict that the atomic form of Mimionium will hav____ electrons and that the negatively charged ion will have _____ electrons
    What is the property of an atom in terms of sub atomic particles? An atom is neutral, so, the number of protons is (equal to / greater than / less than) the number of electrons?

For the second one, the correct way is to go using orbitals. Have you done these yet?
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 10:12 AM

Just_Another_Lemming agrees : I hope they allow you to help them work through the problems.
    Yes, I'm not doing the homework of the asker, I'm guiding him/her to the answer. :) I'm trying to initiate the thinking skills, using what he/she can recall from his/her lessons.
    faezeh.alemi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 02:43 PM

By glycolysis.for example when you are so active that your respiratory system could not meet your oxygen need,they reach energy by glycolysis.the product of the glycolysis pathway is pyruvate.Pyruvate can be used in different mtabolic pathways.In muscle for example pyruvate at last produces lactate,wich cause feeling pain in your muscles after exercise.
    I don't know if I answered you completely...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

1. What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one That involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar? A. Raw materials C. Energy absorption B. Energy release D. Information 2. If you’re using an up-to-date light microscope to examine animal Cells, you won’t be able...

Biology [ 2 Answers ]

Some body help me, * Describe the range of sense receptors present on insect antennae * What is the function of the utricles and saccules?

Biology [ 2 Answers ]

?? What are one of the first events of spermatogenesis?

I need help on this question in biology [ 1 Answers ]

The question is How is the genetic code stored in the dna molecule? Please help:confused:

Help with my biology [ 4 Answers ]

In a contest over territory, two male deer confront each other with antlers lowered and engaged in butting heads until one of the two gets tired and wanders off into the forest. This sort of behavior can most accurately be thought of as I think it's D A- noncompetitive B-predatory C-...

View more questions Search