Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeslyn713 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 11:38 AM
    At what spot should the center of the plate entrée be served?
    At what position should the center of the plate be served to a guest in a fine dining restaurant
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 11:40 AM

I don't understand your question. Position on the table or at the place setting? What do you mean by center of the plate?
    jeslyn713 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 11:45 AM

The position of the center of the plate in front of the person that will be eating.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 12:30 PM

I still don't understand. See if this site helps answer your question or Google "formal dining" "formal place settings" (without quote marks) --

Formal table place setting basics: dishes, silverware, glasses and more

Also look at this (and associated videos) --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN0e9moKrvs
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2010, 07:03 PM

The plate should be directly in front of the person who is going to eat off it, of course. As for the center of the plate, if the entire plate is directly in front of the person being served, the center of the plate will be - well, in the center of the plate! How fine the restaurant is has nothing to do with it - it's a practical matter.

If you're asking how food should be arranged on the plate, it doesn't matter. It's up to the chef to determine what is most appealing to the eye and practical.

I don't get this question, either... did you go to some weird restaurant where the plates were placed to the left of your elbow or under your chair or something?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've got a yellow spot like a normal acne spot on my penis. [ 21 Answers ]

I've got like a 1/2cm spot with a yellow/white head on it on my penis about halfway up. Its like a normal acne spot on a face but I have no idea what it is?. I've squeezed it, thinking it was a normal spot and whitish pus has come out (exactly like a normal spot on your face when you squeeze it)......

Fordyce's spot (White Spot on penis) [ 15 Answers ]

I have quite a lot of small white lumps on my penis and scrotum, after doing research and looking at pictures I think these might be Fordyce's spots, but I have found one spot which looks similar to the rest but maybe the littlest bit bigger and has a yellowish head, is it possible for the penis to...

Toilet 9" center on slab going to 12" center - HOW [ 4 Answers ]

I took out an American Standard toilet with a 9 inch from the wall center. I want to install A 12 inch from the wall Toto water saving toilet. I am working on a slab (no basement). Is there an adaptor I can use? If so do I have to raise the toilet to make room for the adapter? OR is there...

Decorative Swith Plate or Wall Plate and Switches [ 5 Answers ]

We're looking to replace our standard switch plates with "decorative" plates, mainly in the kitchen backsplash. We have seen plenty of options for the plates, from pewter to copper to nickel, etc. Are there options for the actual switches themselves? Can we get switches, such as simple light...

View more questions Search