Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swazy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Speak to a solicitor online for free
    My house mate was recently arrested and the house searched while I was home on my own. I had left my phone on the table out of my sight and the police started reading through my text messages, even though I was not under investigation. It has now been taken as evidence, is this legal?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 10:08 AM

Hello s:

Maybe. It depends on many factors. Was there a search warrant, or was permission given to the cops?

excon
    swazy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 10:10 AM

There was a search warrant
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 10:15 AM

Hello again, s:

Then the search warrant stated the exact place to be searched and exactly what they expected to find. If your phone was not IN that area, and/or was NOT mentioned in the warrant, it was PROBABLY illegally seized.

I say probably, because there's still many other factors that will come into play. If you had incriminating evidence on your phone, you should hire a lawyer. You may be next.

excon
    nicolekimberly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2013, 08:15 AM
    Hello I've recently received a letter from Marston bailiff regarding a train fine and its risen to £175.77 and I'm in receipt of job seekers allowance and have not got that sort of money to pay it off in advance. I rang Marston personally and explained this to them and they know that I'm unemployed and unable to afford the court costs and they are giving me 4 weeks to pay it off I'm young as well and there not giving me more time I'm just wondering how I go about this as its really worrying me.
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2013, 08:21 AM
    Hello n:

You're LUCKY that they're giving you more time... However, I'd do whatever I could to pay THIS bill, because the government has a much bigger stick than does, say, your telephone provider.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Talk to a solicitor online for free [ 0 Answers ]

Hi am comeing into my mothers estate but am resiveing income support but I want to give it all to my grandson can I do that without my income support stoping I just want the money put into his bank and nothing to do with it because me and my late mother did not see eye to eye

Bail with conditions [ 4 Answers ]

I got bail with conditions I have been offered a job for oneday only on saturda I canot do this job ai would breech bail how do I go about this as I am on a curfew

Shared drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shared drive and one of the neighbours always blocks me in and refuses to move and ask another car to move even though I still wouldn't be able to get out I have a hire car which needed to be taken back I can't get out and have now been charged an extra day just because he wouldn't move...

View more questions Search