Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zak2060 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 09:11 AM
    Can I still father a child, I was 20 years old I had surgery for undescend testicles?
    My name is Zak. I was 20 years old when my doctor told me that I had undescended testicles. I went through the surgery and the surgeons were able to bring down one and the other half of my testicles. The doctors told me that I have 75% chances to father a child, and I am also at risk to develop cancer in future. I love children very much and I want to have my own. Now, I read online and I found out that if surgery is done at that age (20) , then the chances are zero to father a child. Is it true, God bless You
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 08:18 AM

What your chances are may be determined, in part, as to whether any damage may have been done during the surgery. Having the undescended testicles itself can result in a decrease in fertility and having had the surgery later unfortunately can add to that.

It would be a very good idea to consult with a reproductive endocrinologist to have a sperm analysis done.
    You may find that if it is determined that fathering a child the traditional way may not provide you with good odds, perhaps something like IVF may still provide an option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a biological father see a child after 14 years [ 6 Answers ]

Can my 14 year old sons bioligal father have rights to see my son even if he was never in the child's life and is not on my sons birth cert

Father who hasn't been around for almost 2 years wants sole custody of child [ 9 Answers ]

I was wondering how a father who has been out of a child's life for almost 2 years can go to court and file a case to get sole custody of a child? My child's father hasn't been in her life for almost 2 years now and just recently filed a motion to take me back to court for sole custody of her and...

Child age 15 does not want to return home and bio father wants custody after 13 years [ 2 Answers ]

Please someone help us. We have a child that is 15 living with us he does not want to return back to moms house nor does he want to live with his bio father or family on that side. He has not seen nor heard anything from them in the past 13 years. Now that my husband and I had to file for support...

Absentee father -no child support for 6 years-now found! [ 1 Answers ]

What legal advice or numbers can you give me to help get back child support for an absentee father who nevver paid a dime for over 6 years ? No whe has moved down the street from me and I need to get back pay or help from all the years doing it myself... I have 2 kisd. Please help

Can my mother sue my father for 18 years of child support? [ 12 Answers ]

I had just found my father after 19 years . When I was born my mother asked him if he wanted to hold her son and he said I wasn't his but held me anyway. Then my mother moved from Texas (where I was born) to Illinois, where I lived my entire life not knowing who he was. My mother lookied for him...

View more questions Search